on 6 August 2009
This has excellent sound for its size and cost. The three speakers which simulate surround sound is good but a bit disappointing after reading all the praise. But then I expected too much. The brain can be fooled but not to that extent. Having said that I like it and wouldn't part with it. It pairs very easily and once paired to several gizmos, it connects to whichever is turned on. This I find really useful. The remote controls volume and also can be used to change, pause, restart tracks on the MP3 player. I used it with my TV and it does make the sound fuller. The size..about 18 inches by 6, is good and small and easy to tuck away.
If you buy it, you will be pleased but don't expect a miracle.
22 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2009
Just bought one of these based on the reviews I've seen on various sites. I have to agree that you get a good variety of connection options, but the quality of sound delivered is far from groundbreaking. Base is a particular problem. Doesn't distort, just sounds flat. Buy it for a teenager that listens to music on a bluetooth enabled phone (the motion detector function is pretty nice for that). I'm sure they'll love it. I was disappointed though.
on 10 August 2011
Samsung YA-SBR510B 3 Channel Surround Sound Speaker System Bluetooth Wireless Connection

Brought this from Accessory Shop (the company with no after sales support!!). The speaker worked well until the remote split open. I returned the remote to Accessory Shop as requested (in March 2011) but now the company have just blanked me and don't answer the countless emails! Nice speaker for the price but no good without the remote controller! Stay clear from Accessory Shop!!
on 27 February 2010
Bought this a month ago to compliment my Samsung HD T.V. Found it very easy to use and set up. Good clear sound quality, good Bluetooth capture and good looking.
Would benefit from seperate Bass control. Overall, good purchase and I'm quite satisfied with it but, do not expect super Hi-Fi Surround sound from this. It's clear and sharp via my Digital Optical connection. Works great with iPhone and Nokia Phones via Bluetooth. - Enjoy!
on 4 September 2009
beautifully styled product,works extremely well, good remote,nice convenient size,but sadly very thin sound,with poor bass response,not in the same league as the STK SMC800,that has real quality bass,but I really like the style of the samsung,I am just suprised and disappointed that at that price the manufacturer has not listened to other products and realized that their product is weak on bass,so take heed manufacturer,you would sell a lot more with better bass.
on 16 December 2011
If your looking for some speakers for you living room well these aren't really loud enough. However if you need some speakers for you kids bedroom these are perfect. Loud but not too loud and the best feature motion sensor so when nobody is in the room or the little darlings have gone to sleep the motion sensor turns the speakers off. It also turns them back on again when it detects movement which could be a little annoying if they get up for a wee in the night then not to loud will be WAY to loud and they may not make it to the loo LOL.

Sound quality is very good and its easy to connect to iPods ECT, Phones and mp3 players via Bluetooth. It also has 3.5 jack, usb port and an optical port so there is not a lot it wouldn't connect to.

Controls are simple and everything works on the nice touch buttons on the front which is a good job as the chances of the kids knowing where the remote control is after a few days is slim.

Overall a great product
on 27 March 2010
I thought this unit would give better sound than our TV's built in speakers but this turned out not to be the case as the TV's speakers are every bit as good (thanks Sony). The main weakness is a lack of base. In its favour the styling, operation and functionality are excellent and it's now found it's place in our bedroom were the sound quality is more than adequate. The blue-tooth link is great as it means no wires trailing around. It connects to phones and mp3 players with ease.
on 21 August 2013
Using this for a couple of months now and works great with a variety of phones over Bluetooth.
You do need to stay fairly close to the unit or keep the phone still but quality of sound and volume is great for indoors and Patio living, music in the Summer. Very smart looking unit - also takes cable and USB inputs.
Even switches on and plays when you walk into the room which is a bit freaky sometimes but recommended.
on 16 December 2011
The Samsung speakers were bought to enhance the flatscreen TV in the kitchen. They tuck in nicely behind the set, so are not visible.The sound is good; we've taken to listening to the radio on the TV because that sounds so much better. I've also linked my Sony Vaio lapton to it via bluetooth, and that works great. It's not HIFI, but what do you expect for the money?
on 24 June 2011
I got this to improve the quality of sound on my 23inch samsung tv, not only does it do that but with using an optical lead I can use the earphone socket for my MP3 player and Ive got the blue tooth for my Ipod touch without moving any leads.The price was very good too.
Would recommend it for anyone in a caravan just make sure you have room to put it.

See one answered question