Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 23 May 2009
The second series of Kingdom perfectly complements the first. It offers both compelling and ever more exciting and dynamic story lines. The fictional town of Market Shipborough is the perfect environment for which to encapsulate such concepts. Avid fans might like to know that Market Shipborough (Swaffham of Norfolk, where I in fact live) in actual fact does not have a beach. I have had the delight of watching both series of Kingdom being filmed more or less on my doorstep. In summary, anyone who enjoyed the first series, is highly likely to enjoy this series even more.
on 3 June 2009
I watched the first series on Kingdom when it aired on ITV in 2007 and really enjoyed it, however, it is in this second series that I thought the characters really start to come into their own. Stephen Fry plays Peter Kingdom with the effortless genius that one has come to associate with the champion of Twitter, however, it is the warmth and talent of the supporting cast that helps to give this series a depth that is so often lacking in other TV series. Hermione Norris, Celia Imrie, Karl Davies, Tony Slattery, Dominic Mafham and even guest appearances from Richard Wilson, Miriam Margolyes, Richard Briers and Diana Quick all help to make this an unmissable series.
on 16 April 2009
Being one of those people, who sometimes get's so overwhelmed with my workload, I need to sit and relax, this is one of my favourite ways of doing it. Watching, what I call a "cosy" series and Kingdom (to me) is one of them.

As I also love mysteries, there is even a little of that within the story line. Also, who can resist the sensitivity, personality and acting of Stephen Fry - I can't!
on 9 June 2010
Brilliant acting,moving & funny.My only gripe is that ITV cancelled any more series (presumably as they need the money for some more 'reality' Britains Got Talent (it has but it would never make it on that show !!) type of drivel.I can & I do watch it over & over again (along with a few other select programmes - Auf Wiedersehen Pet,Whatever Happen To The Likely Lads,The Biederbecke Trilogy,Still Game,Porridge,Early Doors,Monk) if you like any of those I can thoroughly recommend this.
on 13 February 2015
I can't believe ITV have decommisioned this series. The acting is top class, the show is intelligent and humourous with some fabulous and wierd characters, serious issues are often tackled with wisdom and humour and there is not a spot of blood or a 'extremism' that seem to be the recipe for success in most shows these days - sadly that may be the reason ITV scrapped the show, but then make the most of the DVDs instead!
on 5 November 2009
Brilliant series...such a pity it was axed. Loved every moment of it.Gorgeous scenery and light hearted fun. Don't tend to bother with the usual 'Sunday-night feel-good-comedy-drama', but Kingdom was different. It never purported to be anything other than tongue in cheek and in this slightly depressing world of TV drama portraying many thriller type/crime scenarios, it was nice to have a series that presented people as being basically good!
Recommend the entire series!
on 2 February 2014
another good tv series, they don`t make them like this anymore

no gratuitous sex, well there is some lol but fits in nicely,
no swearing to try to shut one`s ears too..
very enjoyable.. lovely scenery,
now why aren`t they making any more episodes of this series.. a real hit!
on 3 September 2013
Series number two is as good as the first and, in some ways better. The acting of all participants is superb and as funny and poignant as expected. If anything the scenery is even better with the feeling of space and, at times, loneliness of the county breathtaking.

Highly recommended.
on 4 April 2010
Enjoying this series a lot! Stephen Fry is just awesome =) There's quite a big time gap between the first and second season but you get used to it quickly. After I watched all the episodes, I watched them a second time together with my man and he loved it as well.
on 28 April 2015
I wasn't pleased with this but it's not the fault of the seller just a lot of bad acting and poor directing. But I would use this seller again as otherwise the product was as advertised and arrived in good time.