Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Discover more Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

I got this album when I was a wee lass, and I am delighted to find it on CD to give me the listening pleasure (sorry, I wore that puppy out!!) I have so missed.
This album was, at that time, all their biggest hits to date and that was a lot!!! From the first time I heard YOU REALLY GOT ME, Ray Davies and her brother Dave set themselves far apart from the rest of the British Rock Invasion. Their sound was pulsing, vital, gritty, raw and really got me!!!
So any Kink fan - THIS IS A MUST!!! And if you have not discovered the Kinks (what planet are you from again???) this is a great introduction.
'Ray Davies' fronted the 'Kinks' ...The Group broke into the Charts in 1964
with 'Pop/Rock classic 'You Really Got Me' which of course Topped the U.K
chart, it was followed up by another 'great number' ''All Day And All of The
Night' which peaked at number two.....The Kinks, had arrived, they continued
throughout the sixties, still achieving some success beyond that time.
They achieved sixteen Top Twenty Hits between 1964-1972 thirteen of which
were Top Ten entries, three of which Topped the Chart those being 'You Really
Got Me' 'Tired of Waiting' and 'Sunny Afternoon'
Among the memorable numbers also included on-board ....'Deadicated Follower
of Fashion' the much acclaimed 'Waterloo Sunset' 'Lola' and 'Apeman'
All the hits achieved up to 1972 are on-board the 20-Track CD.
The Kinks significantly contributed to what we know as the 'Swinging-Sixties' one
of the All-Time Great Groups.......another essential collector's item surely.
on 16 November 2011
THere are some great tracks on here as well as a few ok and a few i think are just padding. Overall for the well known brilliant tracks you won't be sorry to have this in your collection, just skip for preference. I've certainly enjoyed the cd a number of times and will let you decide which ones i'm talking about. These will be the ones you skip back to to hear again straight after they've just played. :)
on 17 October 2013
Well, there are I feel a couple of tracks that I didn't recognise....or rate...but the rest were really good and actually better than I remember. Some great tracks in fact. Buy it...you won't be disappointed.
on 4 March 2013
My daughter, who was born in 1975, knows all their tunes. That is a great recommendation. There is a possibility, because of the nature of thjeir tunes, tThe Kinks are the most remembered and the best band of the 60's
on 3 December 2012
I have actually purchased this cd for a christmas present so have not listened to it, but I am sure that it will be ok. It arrived a few days after purchase, well packaged. A very good price. I am very pleased with it.
on 1 August 2013
This album was a nice surprise. Bought it for a few of the tracks that I'd liked for years but never owned. When I played it though I found a number of tracks that I recognised and really enjoyed. A great album to add to anyone's collection.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 January 2012
This is a great collection of Kinks' music. Most of their well known tracks are included in this compilation, together with a number of lesser known tracks. At the low price of £3.38, you can't go wrong.
on 27 October 2015
What's not to like about The Kinks? Ray Davies has written so many good songs, and influenced so many good bands the man should be knighted for his services to music. People say The Beatles influenced British and American music, but no more so than this guy
on 3 August 2015
how the KINKS have slipped by me till now I don't know. this album showcases all what was great about this much passed over band.still stands the test of time. a must buy for anyone who has no other music by this band!!