Customer reviews

on 25 April 2000
If you want to hear Ella in her most doleful, most romantic mood, then this is for you. A collection of slow numbers which she exploits to the full with her beautiful slurs and blue notes. I heard four of the songs(Night Wind,You're Blase, Midnight Sun and I Thought About You) on an EP record my sister bought in the early 60s, and have never forgotten the impact they made on me.That EP is now scratched beyond use by constant playing so its wonderful that we can get these and other similar songs on a CD. If you're in love, or ever have been, you'll appreciate and relive the pain, the pleasure, the depth of feelings through this CD. I cannot give enough superlatives to describe it.
on 17 January 2004
I would aggree with the first reviewer. What I would like to add is that these recordings were all made over the space of a few days in 1957. So many tracks were recorded (a tribute to the talent of the vocalist and orchestra) that this album spilled over to create another album called 'Hello love', released very soon after this. The purpose of my review is simply to say that 'Like someone in love' is just the most beautifully romantic and perfect recording of its type you could possibly wish for, and once you have bought it and agree with me, I recommend that you hear the rest of this incredible recording session, by buying 'Hello love'.
on 15 July 2009
I have a number of Ella CDs but the selection on this is exceptional. They are in the main songs which haven't been flogged to death. Such as "There's a Lull in My Life" "More Than You Know" "What Will I Tell My Heart' and many more. If you're a fan of Ella this will not disappoint. Fabulous album of quiet intimate music that don't sem to get made anymore.
on 22 February 2017
The wonderful voice of Ella with wonderful musicians and songs.
on 11 January 2016
10/10 sound, quality and magic for your ears !!!
on 12 September 2014
Great recordings
on 15 June 2013
Very good quality stereo sound on the SACD level & the songs are some that I've not heard before. The quality of Ella's fantastic voice is well reproduced & although the orchestration is of its time listening is a sublime experience for any fan.
I didnt give it 5 stars only because I prefer the totally immersive experience of well mixed multi-channel music.
on 28 May 2010
Now don't get me wrong, this CD is fabulous and I would recommend it to any Ella fans, BUT the dist just did not arrive it must be over a year since I ordered it and I had completely forgotten about my order, it you want the CD get it some place else
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse