EXCELLENT SELECTION OF TRACKS, covering quite a long period of time. I wanted a good assortment of Rod's music from his early days onwards, so I recommend this album plus "Changing Faces: The Very Best Of Rod Stewart & The Faces (2CD)" you will have a most comprehensive collection of tracks from his very early days onwards. I own both of these albums and highly recommend them.
on 8 April 2010
At the age of 61, I bought my first ever Rod Stewart CD although I was always a fan of his.
This CD is a good cross section of his songs and well worth the money. I'll be back for more.
on 25 March 2014
When I was a teenager, Rod Stewart was one of my favourite artists. I have already got this album in vinyl but having nothing to play it on I felt that I needed to get an electronic version so I can listen to it whenever the mood takes me. The tracks on it are some of his very best work and they took me back to my days at school and listening to Rod with my best friend. I get a great deal of pleasure listening to this album.
on 8 April 2014
A great compilation of classic Rod tracks and for someone who just wants a taster this is a very good value place to start. Arguably Storyteller (The Complete Anthology 1964-1990) is better but its also more expensive.
I have got all of this material probably two or three times over except of course for the previously unreleased Two Shades of Blue which is my reason for buying. Ching! That's another quid into Rod's pocket.
on 14 February 2009
This collection of Rods hits from back in the 60's to the more recent recordings is for the true Rod Stewart fan...all your old favourites are there...oh how they bring back memories...if you can no longer play your old vinyl versions..then this is the one
on 18 July 2014
Arrived as promised and what value for money. My friend was playing the Time cd on her car system and I enjoyed it so much I ituned it to my iPad. It was then I thought " I don't have any other Rod Stewart CDs" ergo I bought this. I'm so impressed, took me back to my youth. Highly recommend this album.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 April 2013
I have always thought of myself more of a casual fan of the husky voiced Rod Stewart, it is after all very hard not to be familiar with at least a handful of this legend's many hits, and I enjoy them very much. As with most popular artists with such a large body of work behind them, there are of course some tracks which I don't like.

If I'm honest, I do consider Rod's very best output to have happened at the start of his career on the Mercury label, and there's a definitive collection of those days available here: Reason To Believe: The Complete Mercury Studio Recordings (3CD). This is a 3 CD set that I recommend so highly.

This brilliant two-disc set though, contains all of the other famous tracks that I loved after 'Maggie May', and that includes 'Sailing', 'You're In My Heart', his impressive rendition of 'The First Cut is the Deepest', 'Baby Jane', and 'Forever Young', the latter is my personal favourite of the 'later' hits. Here you'll find material from all various stages of his electric recording career, and much more besides.

With such comprehensiveness, excellent sound quality, a range of styles, I would say that, despite the countless other collections already available, this is a particularly strong overview of a long career which has seen the man record some real classic material in the world of popular music. As already stated, there are songs here from every decade starting with the 1970s to the present day, including unplugged versions of famous singles (notably his superb cover of 'Handbags and Gladrags', which I've only heard done better by the Stereophonics), several duets, and even a previously unreleased song called 'Two Shades if Blue, which fades things out on the second disc.

'Some Guys Have All The Luck' will probably offer little new to the Rod Stewart completest, but this generous compilation is a good way for the casual/new fan to be able to instantly bulk up their collection with a good helping of the hits you're most likely to hear on the radio, and all of the other essentials, all in one place, and in useful chronological order.
on 5 April 2009
what can i say Rod Stewart is a top artist and this album has all his best songs so if your a Rod Stewart fan get this album.
on 29 November 2008
I don't understand how one can write a review before the package was released. I have bought it, and the DVD alone worths the price and 4 stars.
on 24 September 2016
This album features an excellent selection of Rods classics that his voice was made for. With some superb unplugged performances, and some great covers, If you only know him from his "Da Ya Think I'm sexy" days listen to this album and you'll fully appreciate what a diverse, talented song writer and vocalist Rod Stewart is. And all at an amazing price!!!