Customer reviews

on 19 April 2014
bought but I had to return as to small for my spaniel ( go up a size ) but make sure of size as seller is quite difficult and would only refund me half the money if returned!! ..but after a few emails I EVENTUALLY got the full amount back.. beware as you have to be persistant with seller if need to return ..wouldn't use seller again as a lot of grief ...so go to Pets A Home its much easier and you can take your fur baby in the shop to try it on.!
on 23 April 2017
I've had lots of these for my dog. They give the right kind of support and are comfortable for him to wear, but they do not last. That isn't the fault of the supplier I hasten to add, it's just the way they are because they are soft. It was very competitively priced from this vendor presumably because it was red and not black as indicated at the top of this review! I'll continue to buy from this supplier if the price remains as competitive.
on 16 December 2012
I have a 2 year old Pug (Hercules) and I've had him in Puppia harnesses since the first time he left the house. I love Hercules about as much as you love your child. That should give some context on how seriously I take the purchase of a suitable harness.

He is now an XL (its a bit loose on him) and he is a medium/small sized Pug.

The entire harness is fabric so its gentle on him and when he pulls it doesn't cut in anywhere except maybe under his arms . I imagine that feels a bit like someone holding you back while you are wearing a backpack. This means that it doesn't put pressure on his neck which for small dogs is really important.

The only improvement I could think of is that you need to slip the neck over his head which Hercules doesn't like. Perhaps there is an opportunity to improve there. Beyond that one small thing he is happy to wear it and I would recommend to anyone sitting on the fence.

Plus he looks super cute in it!
VINE VOICEon 6 November 2012
This is the 2nd of these I have bought, so one can be in the wash/drying and the other one ready to use. My vet advised me to use a harness after my pug hurt his neck whilst playing.

Dog was ok with wearing it as it means its walkies time also wears it for rides in the car with a clip onto a dog carrier.

My dog is a male, neutered, 12kg pug. He is overweight and on food from the vets to assist in a slow weight loss with walks of 1hr plus each and every day.

I have washed this when it was dirty (as it goes on around and underneath them, if they go off road then it will get dirtier than say a normal collar. Washed fine and dried on a heated rail overnight.

My only gripes with this so far are:

The first one I bought was a perfect fit, but this one is a bit bigger/looser on the neck which is not adjustable.

I have a raincoat which goes over the harness, but is a bit of fun getting that on over the top and getting the lead through both.

All in all though, with the prompt delivery of the item, I would recommend a harness and these Puppia ones are very good.
on 31 January 2013
We bought this harness for our 3 year old Pug, he's quite a chunky monkey so we bought extra large. The quality of the harness is excellent, it's well made and sturdy although still very light. It fits perfectly over our Pug if he's wearing a thick coat so we're going to buy the same item in 'Large' so that he can wear it in Summer without clothing. All in all, very happy.
on 6 August 2013
A reasonably priced excellent quality body harness, exactly what it shows, very comfortable, hard wearing, also dog very happy no longer has a harness that rubs!
on 10 July 2013
These harnesses are lovely and soft and comfortable for dogs. Easy to put on and take off with no fiddly straps. Highly recommend
on 1 January 2014
Great harness compared to our last one which got very dirty easily, ended up stinking and also would dig into his joints. We've got a wee Beagle and this harness fits perfectly, it's very soft yet strong and looks the business also!
on 18 October 2013
I wanted a decent harness for my two pugs and I've bought two. These are great for fitting pugs, I bought the XL size and then are perfect around their necks and you can adjust around the middle, excellent buy
on 12 January 2014
Not that durable on an English Springer Spaniel whose mission in life is to run at full throttle through brambles. Probably ok for your average lap-dog though

Woof!