Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 14 December 2012
I bought this album soon after hearing "Marlene On The Wall" on the radio; I was not disappointed then or now. It has been said that good music will stand the test of time, for me this album is proof of that. Easy and enjoyable to listen to with enough interest to draw you back time after time. If you are unfamiliar with this album, do yourself a favour, get acquainted
on 20 October 2002
I was a Suzanne Vega fan back when this album was first released and I'd forgotten just how good it was. In my opinion, this remains her finest collection and is a classic.
on 10 July 2008
I'm worried about the 2-star lad...if he can't get his head round the first four tracks - Marlene is good but the weakest of the 4 - then his taste-o-meter needs to be serviced. Cracked and Small Blue thing are sublime, simple, strong tunes perfect for Vega's sing/speak clear voice.
I normally go for songs with a bit more pep but this is quality stuff.
I do agree with some comments that it runs out of steam thereafter and consider there is a terrific album between this and the at-times over-produced Solitude Standing.
I will check out Queen and the Soldier again, thanks for the heads up.
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2010
This is Suzanne at her best, a unique voice and truely fantastic music.

Buy this and relax, you will be taken back to your youth
on 17 July 2010
had this recording on Vinyl some years ago but now unable to play vinyl and have missed playing it so delighted to have it agin.
on 14 December 2012
I have always liked Suzanne Vega and this particular album is one of my favorites. It is very refreshing to listen to.
on 13 May 2013
Brilliant first album. I loved it when I bought it in 198? and still love it today. Well worth buying.
on 1 March 2013
Item received in good order and in good time at a decent price. what more is there to say about it.
on 29 August 2015
Brought back so many memories, I'd forgotten how good it was.
on 26 February 2015
One of my favourite albums. Every song is a gem