Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 June 2017
I have copies of this album on vinyl from the 70s, CD from the 80s and now Bluray Audio from the 10s. The Bluray Pure Audio has both a 5.1 remix and the 2.0 audio only versions in high res 24 bit / 96Khz so you could say this is the definitive quality version of this classic Who album.
I obviously like this album lots so I'll leave you to read other reviews on its musical content, so I'll restrict my comments to this new format and it is that I give 4 stars.
This Hi-Res audio format should be a real winner, unlike previous attempts to drag up the digital quality from MP3 by the likes of SACD and DVD Audio this format can be played back at an improved quality by anyone with a decent standard Bluray Player and surround sound system, so why is it dying on its feet. This disk (along with many of the other disks in this format) as I write this in June 2017 is "currently unavailable" from Amazon! Shameful.
They've done a good job here for both the purist who want to hear the original stereo mix and those like me who want something different in the surround sound version. Normally I'd favour the 5.1 version (as with Hotel California and Rumours DVD Audios) but here I find it a little stretched and hollow. Turn up the volume on the stereo version and/ or put it though a DSP processor to give an artificial surround effect and this is the best version of the album so far. The only reason I've given it 4 rather than 5 stars is that there could have been better video content i.e. more than just a few publicity stills from the movie.
I'm glad I bought it when I found it at a reasonable price as the manufacturers seem determined to make this disks collector items at ridiculous prices, good luck getting one now unless its re-launched.
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2017
Tommy was always one of my favourite albums, but it's taken me a bit longer to get round to this one! It has some musical echoes of Tommy, but stands on its own merits. It beats me why it never caught on as a live performance at the time. More of an ensemble performance than Tommy - two of the famous four checked out long ago, but this album remains as a lasting memorial.
on 10 April 2017
I am huge who fan this is an astonishing double set one of their essential rock opera albums highly recommended I love the many tracks featured on this record. I also own the original movie soundtrack of this album A true mod classic
on 24 November 2017
A Classic , of course , even though the genre of rock opera is a bit outdated.
on 28 June 2017
Great album and very well packaged and arrived undamaged
on 27 October 2017
great great cd
on 1 August 2017
Great
on 13 May 2017
A classic Who album that has stood the test of time
on 27 March 2017