on 12 February 2015
I thought I was going to get the original Polydor 80s CD here, but nope... it was actually the Canadian MCA. I believe the difference in the two discs comes down to nothing more than one is a little louder than the other but it looks (from online comparisons I've studied) as if they're basically from the same source. There is a LOT of bass on this and it can make it seem 'muddy' - so you might want to adjust your eq for this (if you are able to do so.) I wanted the non-remixed version of the album because the 90s mix changes a number of things (like misses horn parts out and has different guitar bits) but does have at least a couple of excellent and essential bonus tracks to mean I will be keeping it... even if I feel this is the way I want to hear the album - they way it was first issued and how I remember it.

The album itself was made under less than the happiest circumstances and maybe that makes it all the more remarkable... how they all pulled together and go it out there and the accolades it received surely just speaks of its quality? The Who have been a top band to me for many years now and and even though I prefer what they did in the sixties (up to and peaking with Tommy) this is an album that we shouldn't be without; not a week song on it IMO and it was made for playing LOUD... but aren't all of theirs? :)
on 23 December 2014
Although not a classic or a unified concept in the vein of Tommy or The Who Sell Out this 8th Who release is still a great album and my favourite of their later period. This is unmistakably the Who, with Daltry in fine voice and Townshend's riffs dominating many tracks- though there is more keyboard in evidence on several tracks (this being the late 70s). Since Keith Moon was a little worse for wear during the recording of this - his last album - there aren't any notable drum sections. The keyboard works fabulously to build the intro to the mighty Who are You, surely a contender for their greatest rock out. Other great tracks include Had Enough and Townshend's Guitar and Pen, plus my favourite gentler track Love is Coming Down. The additional tracks are interesting but hardly essential with the exception of Empty Glass. A Great rock album.
on 18 August 2017
CD is good but I only got it for 1 song and I ended up getting wrong one but if you are a who fan it's good but in not
on 24 April 2016
I have always loved the album. Classic tracks and bonus stuff are great. One of my favourites that every "rock" aficionados should have. No Road Romance as an extra is great
on 12 January 2012
First bought in 1978, it cost me £3.79. This CD version cost £2.99 and has 5 extra tracks. If you only know their music from C.S.I. this is a good album to ease you into the band. Intelligent, complex and loud this is quality music. I still get goose bumps listening to this album as Keith Moon died shortly after it was released.
on 12 October 2017
Brill
on 18 June 2017
Brilliantly Who!
on 28 January 2015
Great Who album. Highlights - Love is Coming Down, Music Must Change, Who Are You, New Song and Sister Disco
on 27 October 2016
Great album. Last one with all four originals.
on 4 February 2018
Very pleased. Item exactly as described.