on 3 April 2015
The vinyl was one of the very first ones in my collection, after kids records and the obligatory Electric Light Orchestra, Sweet, and - lo and behold - Public Image, Ltd. I think I had my mother buy it, because of the interesting cover. And I did get hooked right away. This was punk-pop of the highest mark, and it was "Pretty Green" that caught me off guard, the bass riff urging everyone to dance. The social commentary was lost to me for a while - I was after the beat and aggression - but it did not take long to get the message. Reading texts on Paul Weller afterwards have made it even easier to grasp the meaning of these lyrics. And yet he - just as Mr. Clapton - was apparently a bit right-wing to start with. No trace of that here: he is furious, and seems to run forward, dragging the other players with him, towards the ballot box, and they can hardly keep pace. I must say that I bought it because of the convenience rather than the extra tracks on disc 2, so I cannot really comment on it.
on 12 May 2018
The album remains a wonderful, well executed and simple record that sounds as fresh as ever. Both the vinyl and the inner/outer sleeves are of a high quality. There is a very slight amount of background rumble using a fine line stylus but the audio is massively engaging and detailed.
on 27 April 2017
Had this album on CD for many years, great to get it on vinyl. Sounds great, very happy with the purchase
on 22 March 2018
Beautiful throwback to very young hazy days... Awesome, thank you...
on 30 December 2012
I'm a life long Jam fan and have the original vinyl of Sound Affects and have been recently collecting the 30th anniversary reissues of The Jam albums. I'd read some Amazon reviews that the mastering and sound quality on the reissues was very thin and tinny but I've not noticed any poor quality on my hi fi. The second cd of demos and outtakes is a must for any Jam fan, several of the tracks have appeared on Extras and the Direction Reaction Creation box set but there are a few on here that I've not heard before. For me the most interesting of these are the early demo of Boy About Town with different lyrics and the demo of Set the House Ablaze which has a great ending. It's a lovely package with the booklet and the original artwork and well worth the less than £6 I paid for it.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 January 2018
just a must have for any jam fan
on 3 May 2018
One of the Jam’s best album
on 23 April 2018
quality
on 30 January 2018
One of the best jam albums. Man in the corner shop is a classic song
on 24 July 2016
Brought as a gift, i know a few songs off her from my childhood.