TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 May 2016
Having recently acquired (and thoroughly enjoyed) Rod's superb 2nd album, 'Gasoline Alley', I was expecting to enjoy this 3rd foray into the heady world of rock and blues even more. However if I could only take 1 of these albums onto my Desert Island, it would be 'Gasoline Alley' which feels slightly more rounded to me although it has to be said that both albums contain some lovely original material ~ here 'Every Picture Tells A Story' is a great opener whilst the classic 'Maggie May' and the gorgeous 'Mandolin Wind' are definitely the highlights for me. The covers vary in quality with Dylan's 'Tomorrow Is Such A Long Time' and Tim Hardin's 'Reason To Believe' demonstrating Stewart's skilful ability at song interpretation; however the likes of 'That's All Right' don't really interest me greatly. With more original material this could have been a 5 star album (with knobs on) but it falls just short of classic status for me.
on 27 June 2014
Great to get this on good old Vinyl. I had my old Quad hifi and Tannoy speakers not connected for years, just played CDs through my AV TV set up.

Bloody hell what a difference, warm really kicking sound from this 1970, 80s set up. And Rod well, this is just the job for this great ALBUM. Just ordered some more Vinyl from Amazon, to add to my original Vinyl collection.

Still have Rod on Vinyl when he sang on a couple of Jeff Beck Albums in the 1960s, before he joined the faces,now they are bloody good.Truth and Beck-Ola both on Amazon both must have and Rod's voice on these is amazing!!.
on 5 May 2017
Excellent product,, excellent value for the money. My friend loved as it was a birthday gift.
Arrived with in the estimated delivery date and packaging was excellent.
on 4 January 2009
Every now and then, you'll be doing stuff at home/work, and something will come on the radio, that you're not familiar with, but absolutely stops you in your tracks.....so it was with me, and the Rod Stewart track "Mandolin Wind", played a few weeks ago on the Maconie/Radcliffe show on BBC R2 - a beatiful song, which forced me to further investigate this rich vein of Rod Stewart form, before he got all 70s/80s disco etc etc. Bottom line - this is a fantastic album - I can see what all the fuss was about with the Faces/early RS stuff - Maggie May is here, and some truly melancholic sounds - This has moved up to be one of my top ten albums of the 1970s.....I may be late to this, but my goodness...better late than never. Very Highly Recommended.
on 30 September 2017
Have to agree that this album is an absolute classic by Rod.
'Amazing Grace' is on there but for some strange reason it's not credited and is tagged onto the end of 'That's alright.....'.
The remastering is well done.
on 19 July 2017
fantastic, pure music without scratches
on 14 August 2017
Classic. Probably his best.
on 24 November 2016
For those who just think Rod Stewart is only about chat shows and tall blondes it's easy to forget the guy could really sing some good songs too. His Faces years and this are good reminders.
on 15 August 2017
Great album
on 17 September 2016
This album is impossible to ignore. Rod was in terrific form. The musicians, mostly Faces were in top form and of course it contains my favourite track " Mandolin Wind." Buy and treasure. A five star classic.