TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 May 2016
Superb collection of rock, folk and blues material from Weller with a host of hits ('Sunflower', 'The Weaver', 'Hung Up' and 'Wild Wood') backed up by a strong supporting cast of tracks including rocky excursions such as 'Has My Fire Really Gone Out?' and '5th Season' which sit very nicely alongside some classy acoustic songs including the ballad 'Country' and 'Foot Of The Mountain'. This is a clever album which uses instrumental links to hold the listener's attention; the only slight quibble is over the excessive length of 'Shadow Of The Sun' which would work far better at half its 7:36 running time. Even so, with the best part of an hour of really solid music, this is definitely an album to add to your collection.
One person found this helpful
on 24 August 2013
I won't pretend to know a lot about Weller's music career, but this album just sounds like pure golden sunlight to me. I bought it in February, which some would agree is the worst month of the year here in Britain, and it was perfect to calm me when I was feeling het up. I sat on my rug in a pool of sunlight and painted, listening over and over for hours. Just wonderful. Especially the titular song, All the Pictures on the Wall, and Hung Up.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 March 2018
Cool sounds. Great chilling music.
on 27 April 2017
Arrived quickly, well packaged, brilliant cd, I bought it to replace an old & much loved but scratched cd.
on 21 February 2017
Superb album hence 5 Stars..But at a price..I love this LP and rate it as one of Paul Weller's finest recordings.My main concern is how the price for his solo work has jumped from £20 to over £35 for the normal vinyl albums.I wonder what he thinks of this reissue policy as it does seem to be taking advantage of his loyal fans.
on 25 July 2017
arrived on time. great cd. thanks
on 29 January 2017
Great music and seller.
on 28 March 2016
the best weller solo offering by a country mile. stellar! thewizardfromaus
on 19 December 2015
Weller at his best one of if not the greatest songwriter of his Generation !!
on 6 September 2015
One of Paul weller's best albums. Not quite up there with Stanley road but not far off.