Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.69

on 17 June 2008
Taylor Swift is having huge sucess in country right now with this debut no.1 album which has gone x3 Platinum-and it's easy to see why.She's a very talented girl,having co-wrote all the songs and she plays acoustic guitar.
It includes her big hits Tim McGraw(love that fiddle solo)Teardrops On My Guitar,Our Song,Picture To Burn and You Should've Said No(her great kiss off song) which are all fantastic songs.There's also the lovely Stay Beautiful and the smart Tied Together With A Smile(about self worth)
She's very mature for her age(18) but she still writes songs that teens will relate to.You will also enjoy this album even if you aren't a teenager.
It's perfectly produced Pop/Country at its best.Taylor's going to go a long way in country music.You can't go wrong with this cd...
on 16 January 2014
Discovered Taylor Swift in summer 2013 when I decided to give "Red" a listen on Spotify while very drunk. I should confirm that I am a straight man aged 47, whose tastes more usually run to indie and breakbeat; however I am now a confirmed Swifty! This is the least good of her 4 full studio albums (all of which I bought within a couple of days of first listening to "Red" but I think she was only about 16 when she released it, and it's still worth 5 stars, just. If you're new to the world of Swift, get Red or Speak Now first and if it hits you like it hit me, you'll buy this and Fearless (and much else besides)...
on 11 September 2011
I love Taylor Swift and this has her earlier tracks on and they are brilliant. 'Stay Beautiful' is my favourite - it has a really nice message. I love 'Our Song' too. In fact they all make me sing along.
Taylor Swift fans need to have this in their collection.
on 4 July 2015
Absolutely brilliant. This album is to me Taylor at her best. Such a great country singer that has unfortunately succumbed to the temptation to become a pop star and move away from what she knows best. So sad that Taylor Swift has become another victim of the music executives who turn them into sleazy tarts to make themselves a fortune. Can't believe the artist is so gullable.
VINE VOICEon 12 March 2007
I listened to it and was blown away, and that was before I found out she was a mere 16 years of age when she "cut" this record. Precocious is not the word really is it!

Of course it could all be a case of "so far, so Nashville dream" but from the opening track Tim McGraw this proves to be something quite above the factory-line output that exists in Nashville in the 21st Century. Of course the lyrical trick is nothing new, least of all in Country music, but Swift manages to make it sound fresh and original.

That said there are occasions when a little too much producer sheen is added to some of the tracks, but the fact that you notice this actually proves that she's not really in need of it.

Equally adept on the slow stuff (Cold As You, Stay Beautiful) as she is on the more uptempo songs (Picture To Burn, The Outside) there is hardly a dull moment to digest. And even the songs that don't quite work aren't dreadful by any means, with the only one real disappointing moment being the rather plodding Tied Together With A Smile, which is perhaps the one track which could have done with some "producer" touches to liven it up.

By the time the album closes, however, with Our Song the overall feeling is one of stunned excitement. It's not a perfect album by any means but if she's this good at 16, just how good is she going to be with a little more time behind her? Country music may have found itself a new superstar in the making.
on 25 February 2014
Really good here's a sneak peak of Tim McGraw. For y'all
1: Tim McGraw. = He said the way my blue eyes shined put those Georgia stars to shame at night i said that's a lie just a boy in a Chevy truck that had a tendency of getting stuck on back roads at night and i was right there beside him all summer long and then the time we woke up to find that summer gone, but
Chorus
When you think Tim McGraw....

Theys a sneak peak try learn that bit then Yav'e got less to learn. BUT the Cd's fantastic first album for Swiftie's. 3 songs also on Fearless.
Look out for her over 3 Albums Fearless, Speak Now and Red x
Taylor Swift also has books naw y'all now
on 3 February 2007
I love this Album, The songs on the album are great and i think young girls who dont even like country will enjoy this album... She wrote all the songs herself and come from her own personal experiences..

My favourite songs on the album are: Teardrops on my guitar

Mary's Song

Our Song

Please buy it, you really wont regret it
on 26 February 2010
Well, if you are expecting another album from the interminable stream of pop-tarts that go na na - na na na and rely on bum wiggling to sell their music this album is not for you.
Taylor Swift is a seriously talented young lady. If you listen to this album, the first time you hear it you will think 'yes that was ok' but by the fifth time you will be addicted. Mind you you need to listen to the lyrics, they all tell true stories.
(And no, this is not purely for teen girls, i am 52 and male.)
As an aside if you have a contact in the states have them go to Wallmart and get a copy of 'Crossroads - Taylor Swift and Def Leppard' for an absolutely amazing live performance together with a set of interviews that explain much about her songs - hearing her sing 'When Love and Hate Collide' makes you stop and think - who wrote this? Taylor Swift or Def Leppard? (Amazon.com will not ship it to the UK)
(My copy played straight off on my nominally region 2 DVD player)
on 4 July 2013
I must admit I didn't know about this CD until recently, and you can really hear the difference in her voice, but that doesn't matter as the songs are just as fantastic and catchy. I wish I'd found this sooner.
on 30 September 2009
This album is far more 'countrified' than 'Fearless', so if you're not into that music this may not be the album for you. However, I've never really listened to much country before, but I love this album. If you like 'Fearless' you more than likely to enjoy this. The only difference is 'Fearless' is slight more pop orientated. There's honestly not a single song I don't like. Some of the songs are also on 'Fearless' but with different music. However, I prefer the versions on 'Taylor Swift'.