on 19 July 2017
This album changed my life. The music I listened to before the Dolls never seemed the same again.Seeing them "savaged" by Whisperin' Bob was and remains a key moment in the development of Punk. This version of the album sounds mighty fine and comes with the highest possible recommendation.
on 25 February 2014
I first heard about the New York Dolls through Morrissey's obssession with them. Well I was obssessed with Morrissey (and Robert Smith). But I never got round to hearing them until the mid-noughties when a friend played me "Jet Boy". I instantly loved it. But I never bought any of their stuff. then when I saw this for £1.99 on mp3 downloads I couldn't resist it. It really is a terrific album. Very lively and full of bouncy punky tunes. It's worth buying for Jet Boy alone but there are a lot of good tracks on here.Buy it - you won't regret it.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2017
I was quite surprised as to how annoyingly catchy most of these songs are. Brings back some great memories. Punk/new wave/rock at it`s pinnacle
on 29 November 2016
Took a punt with the purchase of this album having not heard any of their material before. I was not disappointed. Good old fashioned 1970's rock n roll and definitely a hint of the UK punk sound that followed in 76 - 77
on 27 March 2016
Love em or hate em...jet boy is a brilliant song of its era and stands test of time
on 21 December 2015
great music holds up today even better than some new stuff .
on 6 March 2013
This completed my New York Dools collection on C.D.
love the Dools and this CD didnt let me down.See then two years ago and they didnt let me down. True pros what a drillm band, If you get the change go go go.
on 7 January 2016
long live punk
on 8 December 2012
A true rock`n`roll classic ! Have had the original album since 1973 , but bought it on cd because I don`t have a record player in my car . This album still kicks ass ! Have already gotten two speeding tickets!!!
on 20 February 2013
Superb raw edged rock with humour and thrashing guitar riffs. Often unfairly ignored as wanna-be Rolling Stones, this album shows what a superb band they were.