on 16 December 2014
This review is about the 2 cd version of Sultans Of Swing; The Very Best Of Dire Straits where the second disc is a 7 track live concert recorded in 1996 at the Royal Albert Hall. This concert makes no mention of Dire Straits just of Mark Knopeler though. It has a 13 minute version of Sultans Of Swing and a 7 and a half minute version of Romeo and Juliet on it which are great in my view.

The first disc has many of the same tracks on it as Private Investigations, the Best Of Dire Straits but adds a few Dire Straits tracks and drops a few of Knopelers solo songs which is apart from wanting the concert on disc 2 why i much prefer this to Private Investigations which i also have. Disc 1 also has live versions of Love Over Gold, Your Latest Trick and Local Hero/Wild Theme.

This 2cd version is the best compilation available at present in my view that covers Dire Straits right through. I also have the excellent Money For Money live cd and Brothers In Arms as well as a number of other albums.
on 11 July 2015
This is one of my favourite albums. I just love Knopfler's finger picking style of playing lead guitar. Unlike "Guitar George", he makes his guitar cry and sing. This is the album I play when I feel a bit down and it lifts my mood like nothing else can.

I must make it clear that this is a review of the limited edition download of "Sultans Of Swing" consisting of 16 tracks which in my view is a a fair representation of their work including some of their best and most popular.
on 1 September 2017
This music is so memoryable.
on 13 March 2017
Great music from the past A1+++++.
on 19 July 2017
All the songs, all the hits - perfect
on 22 April 2015
I hadn't listened to these guys regularly for so many years. And like a good wine. They don't go off. Just so so good. I'll be introducing this music to my boy. He's 5 right now but it'll still be good when he is a teenager.
on 3 March 2017
Brill
on 28 April 2018
really great cd
on 23 December 2017
very good
on 19 September 2017
decades on I still like it.