Customer reviews

Stanley Road
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 13 November 2017
Although I don't consider this as strong as 'Wild Wood' it is still a consistently good album. When it was released I didn't buy the vinyl and that has proved to be a big mistake. The re-issue from just over a year ago was just £18, this disappeared within a month to then appear again priced at £32! How this could be justified I don't know but at least the price has come down but the quality of the vinyl is very inconsistent. My first copy was truly dreadful, scratches and dirt all over it, my second was much better but one side was pressed so badly off centre that the music just sounded weird. Thankfully I bought from Amazon and I received a refund for both, I doubt I will bother again until either UMC learn to use decent pressing plants or a quality label like 'Speakers Corner' or Musical Fidelity make it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 September 2013
An album which I had considered acquiring for some time, Weller does not disappoint here with a superb collection of rock and blues. Amongst the many lovely highlights are the gorgeous 'You Do Something To Me', 'Broken Stones' and the chunky sound of 'The Changingman' (complete with ELO's '10538 Overture' riff) which opens proceedings. Definitely one of the best releases of the 1990s; this is well worth buying.
on 18 July 2017
forgot ho great this album is....really enjoying re-discovering it....
on 15 May 2017
his best album at a great price don't pay silly money for it well worth the wait an well packaged
on 24 February 2017
Clearly a stunning Five ***** album but coupled with the outrageous £32 cost for a single vinyl disk and no first pressing booklet? Am I the only one with the booklet missing!?
on 28 January 2016
more commercial & not quite as good as his previous solo efforts.there are however moments of sheer sublimeness in Broken Stones & You Do Something To Me
on 25 July 2017
arrived on time. great cd. thanks
on 17 June 2013
Although I respect Paul Weller immensely for all he has acheived and his standing as a pop rock icon I was a bit dissapointed. Much prefer the guitar version of 'Broken Stones' as opposed to the keyboard version on this album for example. The other highlight for me is the beautiful 'You do something to me'..Classic! Still..a nice album with an easy listening feel.
on 16 March 2017
Some say his best album. Has to be up there with Wildwood . Classic Weller
on 10 June 2017
Great album, full of excellent songs, no fillers. Definitely a classic now. Nice layout.