on 8 March 2017
Works perfectly fine
on 7 June 2012
It's perfect. Clean and simple design. Using it for Kindle. The design is a role model for other plugs as it's flat and slimline. It almost disappears into the background - it's exactly what a plug should do. Perfect.
on 16 April 2010
PROS:
- It's very compact, and unlike a lot of similar chargers, the USB connector goes in at the top (a factor in my decision).
- It DOES charge my Sony MP3/MP4 player.
- It appears to adhere to the USB standards for output Voltage and Current. This aspect can be VERY important because USB has detailed specifications, and chargers that proudly boast anything above the 500mA level can cause problems for more sensitive equipment. (However, I had a bit of trouble getting the details - VEHO technical support couldn't be bothered to reply to my email regarding the output current - GRRRRR!)

CONS:
- It is a basic (dumb) charger, therefore it cannot charge Playstation 3 (PS3) controllers.
- Secondly, the earth prong is plastic (however, this would only really be a problem for the heavy-handed)

It hasn't killed any of my USB devices yet, but because it can't charge my Dualshock 3, it gets four, rather than five stars.
on 1 April 2009
Originally bought this for my Veho MP5 Player, however also works on my wifes Iphone and my sons Ipod Touch. Read somewhere its compatible with sat navs as well but havent tested it yet. Comes in really handy when we go away as we only need to take one plug with us as its USB its universal so fits with all our devices. Really happy, and for something so cheap. 5/5
on 8 March 2011
I own three of these adaptors now, and have had no trouble from any of them, for a couple of years. In fact, the reason I'm here entering this review is that I was looking to buy another one, but was disappointed to see the small number of reviews.

I've had no issues charging any of my USB devices from this adaptor: iPods, smartphones, sat-nav units and USB speakers all charge perfectly well.

With manufacturers increasingly providing only a USB cable of some sort to accompany their electronic products, the big attraction of these adaptors is (what can be) a significant cost saving. It wouldn't be unheard of for a manufacturer to charge upwards of £20 for a standalone power adaptor. For a fraction of that, you can pick up an adaptor which can be used with any USB cable in your possession. Done.

Note: I haven't measured the charging current, but these adaptors seem to provide sufficient juice to fully charge devices, and not just trickle-charge them (as one might find when charging from a computer USB port, for example). If in doubt, you should verify that the current required to charge your gadget can be supplied by this adaptor.

====**EDIT**====
Having had a look at my other adaptors, they all seem to be rated at 5.5V and 500mA (0.5A). Bear this in mind when charging: if your standard phone charger is rated at 700mA (0.7A) or 1000mA (1A), using an adaptor which gives a lower current will result in a charge taking a bit longer. (Might also mean that your batteries charge at lower temperatures, which could prolong their lifespan.. Allegedly!)
====**EDIT**====

They're lightweight, fairly smart-looking, small enough to fit next to other, larger plugs (handy for four-way extension leads, or anywhere else where space is limited), and sturdy enough to withstand a good few years of use.

A couple of other users seem to have been unlucky with their units giving out soon after the warranty expiration, but there's always a chance of this, be it in a sub-£10 gadget, or a far pricier item. QA checks aren't infallible!

That I have popped back to pick up another of these units will, I hope, serve as proof of the faith I have in them (and no, this purchase isn't intended to replace a failed one..).

Pick up a couple, keep one in your bag, maybe one at work.. Really helps you reduce the chances of being caught without power.
on 2 November 2009
Bought this for our Sony walkman and Garmin Nuvi satnav and both recharge properly using it. It's small and light and worked well using a EU adapter plug whilst away on holiday recently. Had to get it to replace a similar Lupo USB charger bought previously from Amazon which has now stopped working just a few months after purchase.
on 15 June 2011
Got this for friend's daughter as she was going on a school trip and need something to charge her Ipod shuffle while she was away. They had been all round the shops trying to find something and failed miserably. I looked on Amazon for them, found this, ordered it and it was delivered next day. I was a bit cynical going by the price - I had seen other similar products online going for 3 times the price of this. She took it on the week long school trip, charged up her Ipod on several occasions and was a happy 11 year old - and she will be this way for about another 2 years when I predict she will become a hormone laden, sulky teenager that will make my best friend's hair go white :)
on 11 July 2011
This is a 500mA charger. I recently discovered this when I looked at the printed info on the adaptor. I would buy a 1000mA charger in future, as this is what my phone and Apple adaptors are. You could argue that I should have checked with the seller first, but this information isn't even in the description. For the price, you can get a 1000mA charger from elsewhere on Amazon. Not really good value for money in my opinion.

Build quality is okay. It seems well-built enough - I have tried several USB cables in this and they fit snugly.
on 25 October 2009
Possibly a tad pricey, but it's small and compact and works with a variety of USB chargeable devices (iPod Nano, Sony Walkman, etc.)
on 18 January 2011
I used it for my Veho muvi camera, charged it without blowing it up, always good. (It wouldn't charge a Sony phone via usb cable.)
It's a light weight, easy to carry product, another usb slot would be handy. 4 stars for the 12 months it worked.

But it has died recently, with light use, one month over its 12 month warranty. Veho don't want to know. I assume they expect it to last that long, so maybe you should too. It would have been nice to get more help from the company, but I suppose you shouldn't expect much for £6.