on 23 August 2017
takes me back to when I was twenty one
on 8 June 2017
Very good
on 29 June 2017
Not bad
on 14 May 2017
Good album
on 24 May 2017
Great singalong tunes, perfect for the car. Good value, too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 December 2016
There's not really a lot to be said about a CD.

My daughter asked me to order it for her partner for Christmas. He'd recently heard some of Sheryl Crow's music (I've never heard him mention her before), and he wanted something calm, relaxing, and pleasant to listen to in the car on his way to work. Personally, I'm not familiar with her songs, but I was only too pleased to buy it for him and, I'm told he loves it.

What more can I add? Each to their own taste in music. You can always listen to some of Sheryl's songs on YouTube before buying. At this price, you can't really go wrong.

IF MY REVIEW HAS BEEN HELPFUL TO YOU, PLEASE CLICK ON THE 'YES' BUTTON BELOW. THANK YOU.
on 24 January 2004
My Sheryl Crow experience may be a little different from that of others as her massive "All I Want To Do" was played so much I was over Sheryl before giving her a chance. Having said that I have bought all of Sheryl's releases as I've found myself appreciating this amazing talent beyond the normal reaction that one has to hearing a catchy song being played over and over.
Her initial release was so much more than "All I Want To Do" and I was really attracted to her mix of songs (and the woman too) such as "Strong Enough", "I Shall Believe" and "Leaving Las Vegas." Quite a feat for a debut. I also love "Run, Baby, Run", "Can't Cry Anymore", and "What I Can Do For You, which are not included here, but the collection can't be faulted as it clocks in almost at the maximum that a CD will allow.
Sheryl followed her debut her a self titled release that brought us the quiet yet AMAZING "Home" (I can't get enough of this song) and the bigger hits "If It Makes You Happy", "Everyday Is A Winding Road", and "A Change Would Do You Good".
Her "The Globe Sessions" release brought us the huge hit "My Favorite Mistake", "There Goes The Neighborhood" (which I am only appreciating now in this context) and "The Difficult Kind". That release also has one one of my Sheryl favorites: "Anything But Down", also not included but again does not take away from this 5 star review. Her most recent relase, "C'mon, C'mon" again elevated Sheryl's profile with the catchy "Soak Up The Sun" and it's corresponding video, which dominated the airwaves in a time when it's a tough feat for a non-novelty song artist. From that release we also get "Steve McQueen", which has a great from Steve Miller's "Take The Money And Run". It's not my favorite Sheryl song, but again it was a hit and liked by many and deserves to be here.
This release also includes a couple of new songs (one written by her and the other is a classic first released by Cat Stevens and subsequently sung in its definitive version by Rod Stewart)as well as the amazing "Picture" duet with Kid Rock. Thank God that this CD came out now as I was seriously going to have to contemplate buying the Kid Rock CD just for that song.
All in all this is a perfect collection that not only will satisfy her more casual fans, but it certainly pleases this huge fan as the non-chronological playlist plays to the listeners advantage. In fact, this release (with the exception of her debut CD) may be the most cohesive way to enjoy Sheryl's charms.
One minor quibble, two versions of "The First Cut Is The Deepest" are not that different from one another and the exclusion of either could have left room to include any of my other favorites (including other covers and her great contribution to the James Bond franchise, but that does not detract from a true 5 star review and the hope that a few years from now there will be a second volume as I hope that Sheryl continues to do her thing and have the type of longevity enjoyed by Bonnie Raitt, Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and VERY FEW others.
Go buy this now and you can find it at a very reasonable price in accordance with Universal's new pricing strategy, which I hope works as good music and reasonable prices is all that is required to keep any music company churning out whatever profits they require to quit whinning about all the things that are keeping them from selling in the multiples they grew to expect.
on 3 January 2004
This greatest hits collection rocks! Before buying this album i was only a caual Sheryl Crow fan, in fact I only knew of 3 of her songs: 'All I wanna do', 'Everyday Is a Winding road' and 'Soak up the Sun'. I've always liked the first two, and knew the latter as it only recently came out. So i decided to try the greatest hits package...and wow! There are so many songs i love, or that i now remember which are much better than the ones I'd already heard.
I now fully appreciate how good Sheryl's voice is, it really touches me in places and she has an amazing songwriting ability. My favourite songs would have to be 'My favourite Mistake' - a bit MTV but a fantastic song especially the second half, 'Strong Enough', 'Home', 'Picture', 'Run Baby Run'...actually Im going to start writing the whole tracklist. The only tracks i dont listen to much are 'Leaving Las Vegas' and 'C'mon C'mon' but 2 average tracks out of 17 is rare! The tracks have a certain simplicity about them, they all sound natural and are all sung from the heart.
So pick up this album...and Tori Amos' which i bought at the same time, also an amzing artist. Im now thinking about buying sheryl's previous albums...
on 22 September 2004
Sheryl Crow defies pigeonholing into any one musical genre - pop, rock and even country (check out the collaborations with Kid Rock and the track 'The first cut is the deepest'.
'All I Wanna Do' was a quirky debut seemed the perfect companion to echo Cyndi Laupers 'Girls Just Wanna Have fun' mantra but would the novelty of this new artiste wear off. Hell no!
The radio friendly 'Soak Up The Sun', my personal favorite 'Everyday Is A Winding Road' and the ballsy 'If It Makes You Happy' show the versatility and vocal range that you will rock to. 'Run, Baby, Run'. and a 'Change Would Do You Good' are pop fodder while 'There Goes The Neighborhood' sounds like one party I'd like to be at!
As fresh as ever, this superior sounding collection of hits hints at possibilities, yearnings and is darn good fun to boot.
on 25 July 2005
...and that couldn't be any clearer! A famous line from her hit, "Everyday is a winding road", perhaps it's her motto judging by the way she's experimented with new sounds over the last decade. But at the end of the day, she's still Sheryl Crow! From her new fads, her unique videos, irresistibly catchy songs, numerous Grammy Awards, to the millions of sales-there's no doubting that Sheryl Crow is a talented artist! This album features all her greatest hits, some highlights are:
All I Wanna Do- The "Record of The Year" at the Grammys, Sheryl's breath through song that put her on the map and helped her album sell millions worldwide. No matter where you are, it's hard to hum the chorus of this huge hit that sold a million copies and reached the top 5 US chart in a matter of weeks!
Soak up the Sun- the 2002 hit that reawakened her success, she rose up the charts once again, after some years of silence. This sunny, cheerful hit is one of her best yet.
My Favourite Mistake- great alternative rock song!
First Cut Is The Deepest- Sheryl's remake of this hit is even better than the original. No wonder why it's still in the US' top 20 "adult contemporary" playlists!
Everyday Is A Winding Road- This 1996 song that was featured in 2000's Erin Brokovich is my all-time favourite Sheryl Crow single. From the loud rock music to one of the best and catchiest choruses ever, this song is one of the album's highlights.
Difficult Kind- powerful duet sung with soft songstress Sarah McLachlan.
Picture- the hit duet sung with Kidrock that was one of only three songs to be certified Gold that year!
Steve McQueen- Yet another Grammy-winning hotshot single with an exceptional video!
In short, from the Lillith fairs, the changing styles of music, and the powerful voice to the loud beats and classic aura about her, she has more than proven herself. This album is a must-have!