on 19 February 2017
Excellent 120" tab tensioned motorised screen for only £150 delivered, awesome!
Extremely fast delivery and very well packaged inside two thick cardboard boxes foam at ends, strengthened edges and loads of straps holding it all together.
Made up an extension cable as controller cable to the case is quite short, just needed a male and female gx16-4 connectors and 5m of 4 core .75mm cable.
Picture quality is excellent, screen flatness was a bit lumpy at first but after a few uses it is now very good.
Strong smell of plastic/solvent at first but this soon goes away with use. Quite liked it myself!
Highly recommended for a decent home cinema set up without spending an awful lot more cash.
on 4 April 2017
I don't have a lot of experience with screens but for me this screen is great. First off lets address the smell issue. Yes there is a chemical smell but in my case I did not find it unpleasant or over powering in any way. After 2 days any smell has practically gone.

My only small issue was when I lowered it for the first time the screen had some creases and a series of dents where I assume the rolled up screen had been resting on a screw. I was concerned but needn't have been as as soon as the projector is on they became invisible. Also after leaving the screen down for a few days a lot of the creases have now gone.

For the price the screen is a great buy. I am delighted with it.

Delivery was spot on so can recommend the seller.
review image
on 6 September 2017
Great screen for the price. Easy to use

Pros:
durable
sturdy

Cons:
a bit heavy and would require 2 people to set up
on 7 August 2017
Excellent product and used on a daily basis with no problems
on 22 May 2017
I've used this screen for over 18 months now and it has performed flawlessly during this time. Highly recommended.
on 17 July 2017
OK!
on 15 July 2011
Given the incredibly modest price point for a motorised screen of decent size, I was half expecting to have to send this back or add it to my collection of dust gathering 'good idea at the time' purchases!

It is, instead, happily mounted on my wall delighting me with the knowledge that I paid no more elsewhere.

I have a fairly high end 1080p projector, so if the screen was lacking I suspect the image would expose it.

No issue here, in terms of picture quality, 5 stars awarded.

My minor gripes are:
1) On the aesthetic: about an inch exposed at either end for the mounting bracket is not the most elegant design, would have been better if the screen casing had fully covered on hanging and the power cable protrudes somewhat too.
2) Limited cable: You can only power from the right hand side and, thanks to the attached control box, the cable is not long enough to run discreetly to the other end if that is where your preferred power outlet is. Until I get a friendly sparky to extend the cable I am therefore stuck with 'cable drape'!

Other reviews have commented on noisy motor. I do not find this an issue, not least given I only drop and raise before / after a film so no big deal even if was loud (which I don't think it is).

Arguably could do with a little more weight on the base to ensure rigid flat screen, but no material distortion or swaying on my set up so again just fine.

These very minor gripes result in the loss of one star, but I challenge you to find an alternative that delivers so well for the price.
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2013
Nice screen, motors work smooth and not very loud. Quality of picture is good. It smells a little of chemicals, i think it is a solvent or smth. but opened windows should remove it after a while. Please see pictures, I have installed it to a plaster ceiling using DIY fixtures because only to points of fixture is a nonsense for a 10kg screen. Hence 4 stars out of 5.
review image review image review image
on 17 October 2016
I've had mine for a year. Yes it has a chemical smell to start with. It's gone now, completely. Frankly at the price, this is incredible value.

The 4-pin power socket is on the right, and yes - the cable is a wee bit smaller than some would like to the controller and then to the power socket.. You can buy an extension lead or make one up. The connector is essentially a 4-pin microphone connector for a CB or similar. See pic as an example. PS, I haven't tried this myself but for the small current the little motor draws, you should be fine - or just buy the connectors and make up pin-to-pin extension yourself.

I run an HD projector and it's all good. Buy with confidence!
review image
on 1 April 2010
Installed in one of our spare rooms it almost fills the back wall at close to 9 feet. The screen drop is just right for a normal size room too and it stops automatically at just the right spot for me. It's a fairly basic build, a bit utilitarian, and I imagine you can get something of better quality but you'd pay a lot more. The motorised mechanism is relatively quiet and shuts off automatically on full extension/closing. The remote control is a nice addition. My particular example was a little tatty and had to be cleaned in some areas (not the screen though). On the black borders of the screen, it looks a little washed out and touching in the black with a marker or something helps the overall appearance. Maybe this was just mine. Watching Blu Ray films through my Optoma HD200X, the contrast and colour are superb and the "brightness" of the screen is just right for home theatre.
All in all, I feel this is value for money.
review image review image review image review image review image
55 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse