Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 24 May 2006
It is refreshing to hear such a professional rendition of popular songs from such a young man. Peter Grant is 18 years old, although his voice gives the listener the impression of someone older, who has had years of experience behind him. In fact, I would call his voice remarkable.

The CD production is obviously the result of lots of hard work by all involved. The quality shines through the more you listen to it. Peter Grant has been fortunate to combine his undoubted talent with such an accomplished management team and other professionals.

I commend to anyone who likes the 'standards' and singers such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Tony Bennet, etc. to buy this CD. You will not be disappointed and you will also be helping to support a young British talent.
on 22 April 2006
This CD has been playing constantly since I got it.

This 18 year old has got a fantastic, mature voice, and seems, from his TV appearance last week, to have a confidence and ease while performing.

The songs are well chosen. From the first notes he sings of 'Joanna', you know you're in for a real treat. My other favourite tracks are 'Spooky', 'Girl from Ipanema', 'On Days Like These', 'Modern Way', and 'We've Only Just Begun' and listen out for a 'swing' version of 'I Saw Her Standing There'.

The CD cover compares Peter Grant to Harry Connick Jr. I much prefer Peter!

I'm looking forward to hearing him sing Mack the Knife.
on 26 June 2006
I ordered this album on a recommendation from a friend, it arrived this morning and I have been playing it continually, it is sensational.

I could take or leave The first track Joanna, the real highlights are, Spooky, The girl from Ipanema and the stand out track you're the first, the last, my everything. Peters delivery of this song is outstanding.

The whole album is a refreshing change from the usual tracks that lots of artists all record.

So this evening turn the lights down low, open a fine wine, cuddle up to your loved one and just listen and enjoy what is an amazing album.
on 1 April 2006
This album is a must for everyone who loves this style of music. The phrasing, the diction and the sheer quality of his voice is truly outstanding. You will not beleive the talent from someone so young. The tracks that will just blow you away are 'Joanna', 'The best is yet to come', 'On days like these'...
The rest of the tracks??? You just want to keep playing over and over again. This is a must buy and will truly give Michael Buble a run for his money. Our very own home grown talent. Keeping this genre alive as they say.
Buy this album YOU WILL not be dissapointed.....
on 20 April 2006
At last a new British voice to be proud of - and I mean proud! As someone of more "mature" years I have despaired of hearing an exciting interpretation of real music again but here is a young man who makes the most wonderful sounds and has such a feel for the lyrics. We have been blessed with such great composers in the 20th century and it is uplifting to hear their music come to life again - it made me dance around the kitchen!

Good luck to you Peter, may you go from strength to strength and reach international fame. I am certainly glad I found you - more please....

Patricia Smith, U.K.
on 13 December 2006
I bought this cd on the strength of hearing Peter played on Michael Parkinson's Sunday Radio 2 show, so wasn't really sure what to expect. I certainly wasn't disappointed, this is a fantastic album from start to finish. Peter has an incredibly mature voice for someone so young and obviously has immense talent. I took in Peter's UK tour at the Alban Arena, St Albans a few weeks ago which was fantastic, a young singer who performs as well live as he does in the studio. Well Done.
This debut album from Peter Grant is excellent because it showcases a new singer with talent in songs both new and old. The musical arrangements are first class and this is a vocalist we will hear more of in the future. My favourites are the oldies like "The More I See You" but his "You're The First The Last My Everything" is outstanding. Peter is a "one-off", not a copy or someone trying to imitate, he doesn't need any of that. A definite best of 2006.

Clive Fuller
on 16 May 2006
This CD is fantastic. He may be young, but you can't tell from his voice. The songs are well chosen and he sings them perfectly.
on 23 August 2006
It is amazing to hear songs of this type performed by such a young singer, but he performs them in a style that is reminiscent of that other great british singer Matt Monroe, now alas no longer with us.I was particularly attracted to the song "On Days Like These" which was performed by Matt to publicise that special film "The Italian Job". But no matter, Peter Grant has his own style and I hope we will be hearing a lot more of his talent in the very near future.
on 2 December 2006
The minute I heard the first track on this CD (Joanna), I was stunned!

The rest of the album does not disappoint either. Peter Grant's renditions are truly amazing. This guy is REALLY talented. I simply cannot wait til his next release of self-penned compositions. In the meantime, buy this!