Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

VINE VOICEon 26 November 2007
OK I love the sounds that Timbaland is creating around his work with Nelly and JT, but this album fails to live up to the hype, there are some notable tracks Apologise" with One Republic, of course, "One and Only" with Fall Out Boy and the massive "The Way I Are".

There are more great tracks, but the less said about certain ones the better.

The Nina Simone rip off of `Sinnerman' on "Oh Timbaland" for one. The album samples way too much for my liking, and the original lyric or creative vocals are tainted by the fact that this album appears to be manufactured in a lot of ways.

The album deserves four stars for the likeable quality and listenable factor, it is one I'd play again and enjoy. I just think this creative talented producer could do better next time. He is evolving as an artist, so the next album will be make or break for T, let's hope it doesn't fall flat on it's face like his contemporaries are doing at the moment.

Shock Value is worth an addition to any hip-hop fans list, and more worthy of recent releases by 50-Cent and Kanye West.
on 14 May 2007
I have never felt the need to write a review before, but Timbaland's album warrants it. I bought this album on a whim. I loved his past productions on artists like Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado and was curious to see what kind of album he would produce. It is different to other albums and it is indeed ECLECTIC. My favourite track is 'apologise' but I also like 'miscommunication' and many others. The only track I can't listen to is his track featuring Elton John. I am not the kind of person who is prone to playing albums repetitively but this album is incredible. This is my favourite album to come out since Lyfe Jennings (very different but it blew me away at the time). This album is unique and probably won't appeal to everyone's taste but give it a try. You might be blown away like me.
on 30 June 2007
This album comes across as the culmination of the work Timbaland has been working through on Furtado and Timberlake's discs creating a trilogy of sorts. It is a good album in its own right, with a feel very much like a highly refined yet still edgy mash-up in the manner of Jay-Z and Linkin Park's 2004 topper.

As a listen to this I found it funny that the some of songs I thought I would like - end up being my least favorite, while the songs that I thought I would hate end up being my favorite. Songs like "Bounce" was highly anticipated, but didn't deliver. Dre's verse is entirely too short, and quite meaningless, then to be followed up by Justin Timberlake - it just didn't mesh well. "Give It To Me" gets old real quick, with annoying vocals by Nelly, an on-going droning beat that rarely changes, and conceited lyrics by Timbo and JT. Great for the club, I suppose. "Release" is a throw back to JT's album. "Boardmeeting," "Way I Are," "Oh Timberland," "Throw It On Me," are pretty decent but is easily forgettable. In terms of collaborations this is a good CD. Tracks like "Time" with "She Wants revenge" and "Apologize" with "One Republic" stand out on the CD as indications that Timbaland really can do whatever he wants, and makes something sound good to the followers of whatever genre he chooses to play in.

If you liked Collison Course and any of Timbaland's recent work heard on the radio this album is definitely worth your time and money. If you have found most of it annoying then purchase the tracks you like and avoid the rest but I guarantee that you'll find at least one song to respect on here.
on 10 April 2008
The more you listen to it, the more addicted you will become. This album has tracks to sort all moods not just hard core hip hop fans. The man is a genius. It is one of only a few albums that I can repeatedly listen to over and over again and never tire of. Highly recommend it,especially if you like Dre, JT and R&B
on 14 June 2007
This album is brilliant. Considering there are 19 tracks it is definately value for money. Nearly every song could be a single! There are some appalling lyrics at times: "I got a bungalow we could disappear for a week or so" ???(Dr. Dre featuring in Bounce) But if you can get past the slightly strange choice of lyrics this album is awesome. Best songs are: "The way I are" "scream" and "apoligize" (from up and coming band OneRepublic). If you like "Give it to me" then you wont be dissapointed. Best album i've bought this year.
on 25 January 2009
I found this very disappointing and can't understand for the life of me why it's had so many good reviews. I bought it expecting stuff of the same calibre as the appallingly-named 'The Way I Are' and Justin Timberlake's last album, which Timbaland had some input on. But the tracks were very underwhelming. There were a few ok tunes, the best of which was Scream, but too much of the repetitive, sexist, droning gansta-style stuff I've come to know and yawn to, without anything inspiring to lift it up. Overall it's a lazy piece of work.
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2007
I would have to agree with many of the previous reviewers that were a bit disapointed.

I was expecting Timbaland to have kept all his best stuff for his own release but unfortunately the overall content does not match his work on 'Loose' or 'Futuresex/Lovesounds'.

The lead single 'Give it to Me' is fantastic but I wasn't convinced many of the other tracks matched it and nothing particularly groundbreaking. 'Give It To Me' aside my favourites were 'The Way I Are', 'Apologize' and '2 Man Show'.

I think where this CD fails is the collaborations. With some of the names featured you expect something particularly memorable. Nicole Scherzinger is hardly recognisable on 'Scream' and the track doesn't even compare to her collaboration with Diddy. As a Justin Timberlake fan I was disapointed with the two other tracks featuring him. 'Release' even sounds like some of the vocals could have been recycled from Justin's 'Futuresex/Lovesounds'... the backing vocals sound almost identical to 'Sexyback' at points.

Conclusion... by all means buy this if you're a fan of Timbaland but don't expect to dig the entire CD.
on 2 September 2009
I try to listen to new stuff all the time. I didn't like it when I first listened to it (despite having liked the first couple of singles). On repeated listening, however, I discovered that I quite liked a couple of the tracks. With further listening, I realized I liked more and more of the tracks. I've been listening to this album now for over a year since it first came out and I'm still finding new stuff to discover about the tracks. Timbaland manages to layer so much depth to his production. So impressed. As a consequence, this has become my favourite album of the last year or so. If I had to take just ten albums onto a desert island, this would make the list. It might, even, make the top five!

Buy the album, listen to it and listen to it some more. It gets more rewarding every time.
on 3 April 2007
I was desperate to pick this album up as soon as it was released and I was not disappointed!

It is all that he promised it to be and more, I have played it non stop and it just gets better, the range of songs and artists mean that you will never get tired of listening to this album.

The only drawback with this album is being able to keep still whilst it is playing.

I love it, you can do no wrong by buying this album, whatever music you enjoy you will find someone or something on here that you will like.

Dont think about it .. Buy it!!
on 22 October 2008
I loved all but one track on this CD...it is very rare to find an album with so many great songs. While they all share a similar tie to the techno mixed with hip-hop, the CD still boasts a vast array of different styles: fast, slow, heavy bass, masculine, feminine...I just can't say enough good things about the songs.

I think the people who will enjoy this CD the most are the ones who listened to techno in the 80s, but enjoy today's hip-hop just as much.

Before I bought this album, I bought Loose...after hearing both albums, I am convinced Timbaland will go down in history as one of the greatest producers that ever lived.