on 9 February 2014
Great cd for the car. Every song is a classic. Would recommend Good value too. This album stands the test of time
on 11 June 2013
The compilation album Legend (1984), released three years after Bob Marley's death, is reggae's best-selling album, going ten times Platinum (also known as One Diamond in the U.S.), and selling 25 million copies worldwide.

There are sixteen good reasons for the popularity of this album and they are:
"Is This Love", "No Woman, No Cry", "Could You Be Loved", "Three Little Birds", "Buffalo Soldier", "Get Up, Stand Up", "Stir It Up", "Easy Skanking", "One Love/People Get Ready", "I Shot the Sheriff", "Waiting in Vain", "Redemption Song", "Satisfy My Soul", "Exodus", "Jamming", "Punky Reggae Party".

Every one an instant classic. If you only ever own one reggae album, this is the one.
on 3 April 2015
I bought the "Legend" firstly as single CD - years later, I bought a Sound And Vision box set containing the "Legend" CD, plus a Remix CD, and a bonus DVD, which contains loads of good stuff, and a Personal Playlist section where you can select the tracks you want in a Playlist and then press Play. I know a lot of Bob Marley & The Wailers fans will opt to get this wonderful album as it contains many of their biggest hits, and after a few plays, you'll probably get to really like Reggae music. Ever since Bob Marley died in 1981, his music has made him more legendary than ever. And what with quite a good selection on concert DVDs available to buy, it's good to discover a legend in reggae music. That's why I often call Bob Marley the king of reggae. After hearing this, I think I'm right - finally!!
on 6 August 2012
By all accounts, this album is flawless - you have a really nice selection of Bob Marley's greateast and best loved/known tracks. From 'Is This Love' to 'Jamming', they're all here!

This album is perfect for a Summer evening at home - just chilling and drinking a cold one, oh... Bliss!

On a personal note, my favourite tracks are 'Get Up Stand Up' - in today's world, this one really means a lot to a working man! 'Redemption Song' is also a personal favourite of mine, simply wonderful!

However, do NOT take my word on this. Purchase the album for yourself. It is absolutely money well spent and you get beat-near all of Marley's best known/loved tracks, I should think.

Essential purchase, essential listening here!!

Hope this review helps.
on 3 January 2008
For me this is my favourite marley album every song is a classic,obviously
there are many more but for them all you whould have a 10 disc cd.But anyway its a great album ,so if you love bob marley then you should diffently pick it up its a must.ONE love
on 19 November 2016
Vinyl playing well, good quality and no skipping so happy out. And album of course is worth buying in my opinion. Nice reggae for chill out day. I love to listen it while sitting and sipping the wine. Good price for record as well. Happy customer here.
on 10 May 2007
Marley is to West Indian music what David Bowie is to rock`n`roll - THE KING.

Every track on this compilation is a gem - it is the soundtrack of my youth and the anthem of the world.

As the great would say "ONE LOVE"...
on 17 January 2014
I bought this as a replacement for a cassette and my Son immediately took disc 2 and put it in his car as he loves "Redemption Song". Ive been a Marley fan for ever and "Legend" is well named as it certainly is a legend.
on 2 June 2001
I had never heard of Bob Marley before-I've only just turned 13. I was at school where some 6th formers were dressing up for a special occasion and one of them had a strange hat with dread locks on it. I asked my brother who he was meant to be and he told me it was Bob Marley. I thought a Jamacan singer would sound fun so I looked on this site and listened to a few samples and decided I really liked it.I ended up buying it for my brother's birthday but it always goes missing to him because I'm always listening to it! I especially like the "one love" and "three little birds" songs. My brothers favourite is "jamming" I advise you to get this cd!
on 15 October 2016
Used to have this on tape years ago and thought it was great then. Brings back happy teenage memories listening to it during housework. This copy sounds so much better than I remember. ( or is it i'm not stoned like I used to be ?)