on 28 September 2009
I first saw a show on Channel 4 about Bobby "BLUE" Bland and his soulful voice was a touch of Otis redding and a number of other soul singers. His songs tell a story of life, loves won and lost and sung with great passion. The album help me to get intouch with the blues again although my first connection was how soulful his voice was.

His music is good just on your own, with friends who share the same passion in the lyrics and arrangement of his music while sipping some alcoholic beverage. It is also good for that time at a party when the moment comes to slow down with a tune that you can get close to your partner and get lost in time and place.

I have three of his albums and listen to them from the beginning to the end. I am pleased that I saw the show on Channel 4.
on 10 August 2009
An excellent introduction to a legend. This was a man name-checked with reverence by The King himself Elvis Presley.

This fantastic singer was the subject of a recently-aired BBCFOUR blues documentary. I have not 'discovered' new music as good as this for a while. Sings his heart out he does.
on 2 June 2012
This is a little gem of a compilation to have in any music collection of the blues or soul music. I can't stop playing it. I hadn't heard much of Bobby Bland per se in the past, but I was well aware of his influence on such noteworthy artistes as Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, etc. And now having purchased this recording of Bland himself (at a very reasonable price), I can fully appreciate his influence on the British R & B scene. A must have for anyone interested in the blues and soul music of a by-gone era.
on 19 July 2015
I thought it would have been a bit more "bluesy"
on 19 August 2014
Great Album, really enjoyed listening to it.
on 18 January 2015