on 4 March 2016
Great cd excellent quality.
on 19 June 2017
on 9 September 2017
Awesome!
on 12 July 2013
i listen it a lot, great voice and cool songs. recommend it to everyone. you wont get bored of it
on 16 August 2006
There is no other way to describe this debut album. The maturity, originality and musical performance is both impressive from the first listen and mesmerizing on further plays. I can't recall ever being so impressed by the full content of an album - every track is distinctive, each one is superbly produced and frankly James Morrison makes a lot of the artists in and around the 'popular' charts look very average indeed. Snatches of great musical icons (e.g. Stevie Wonder) are scattered through James' vocal repertoire but these almost subliminal aural cues are intriguing hooks rather than plaguaristic in any way. I can't wait for further releases.
VINE VOICEon 21 December 2006
Another Reviewer referred to Rod Stewart in her review and I can certainly see the parallels with the young Rod the Mod. James Morrison has that old school R&B voice that Rod had before about 1976, when he went all smooth

Although it would be easy to dismiss this as just another album in an already crowded genre, it's that Soulful quality which lifts this above the rest. It's not particularly innovative, nor edgy, but it never sets out to be. This is well crafted music, with something to say about life and love and Morrison can look forward to a long career if he can equal this on that difficult second album.

As a fan of Soul from it's 70's, it is rare for me to be impressed by a contemporary artist to this extent, but I can heartily recommend James Morrison.
on 12 August 2006
When I first heard the single "You Give Me Something", I knew I had to buy any album this guy released. Seldom has this happened - in fact, not since Elton John have I purchased an album on the strength of just one single!

Every single track on this CD is five star. The music ranges from soully to upbeat, but each and every track is sung from the heart - and gets you right in the heart each time you hear it. I for one will never tire of listening to this album - it is a cracker in every respect.

For me, the best tracks are "Wonderful World" and "The Pieces Don't Fit Here Anymore", but that is beacuse they are related to my life at this present time. There is not a bum track on this album, and therefore, favourites are bound to change.

What this CD does is to get into your heart; the music, the lyrics - and James' voice - all join together to weave their magic and you are hooked.

This will be an all-time favourite, and, at a mere 21 years of age, James has got a glittering future. Keep your eyes on him!

My advice - get out there and buy this CD today! It's a cracker!
on 11 September 2010
I guess all I can say is every single track on this album is fantastic, unlike most albums where you only listen to one or two and skip the rest.
on 22 June 2006
I have to own up to a guilty pleasure. Since I got a copy of Undiscovered I can't help donning my headphones and spinning the wheel to hear 21 year old James Morrison's voice.

You see it's not the type of album I usually like. It's got female chorus girls on backing vocals, Nashville strings, major-label muscle and marketing from a young heart-throb with a big name producer. But the kid has talent. He has an ear for a melody and a remarkable voice. Think somewhere between Ray LaMontagne, Al Green and Otis Redding but he's not trying to pastiche the American past, instead he's confronting his own fractured upbringing.

James has opted out of the manufactured route, preferring to write all his own songs, concentrate on lyrics rather than rhymes and do things the hard way. He's not a pop idol protégé, rather someone who busked every day for a year, won over uninterested audiences and flogged CDs to every A&R man he could find. His soul blues songs have maturity, an undeniable pop sensibility and the sound of someone who for the first time loves his life.
on 14 July 2006
Absolutely mindblowingly amazing voice, you hear some people sing live and they're completely out of tune especially recently artists I've respected i've then heard live and they sound all off key but James Morrison surely cant be undiscovered for much longer! Wonderful World is possibly the best song I've heard in years! I ADORE you give me something as well. i've heard bits of every song and i love each and every one. if you havent heard any of james' stuff its basically pop, but pop sounds too sugary and lightweight a word for something as genius as this. i suppose its how pop should sound but its also amazingly soulful music proving james morrison has REAL talent. every song is catchy and gorgeous; this isnt one of those overhyped albums that turns out to be rubbish, this is the real deal and I WANT IT NOW!!!