Customer reviews

on 15 February 2014
Brings me back to my youth, when Sparks made their own impact on glam rock. Great fun, definitely camp, with Ron looking like an extra from Village People. But can you fail to just simply enjoy the two great songs, "This town" and "Amateur hour" ? Definitely high drama, with lots of energy but they never managed to hit the heights of the first album again. If you don't know them, go no further than these two songs. Play them, sing along, marvel at the nonsense they sing, but please don't try to do some sort of critical dissection !
on 31 August 2017
sparks at their best, great track from the 70s
on 20 June 2013
....when reminded of this catchy HIT!

Those were the days when music was at its best?

Not quite!

Another HUGE step back in time to.......1974!
OMG!

TOTP - and I couldn't take my eyes of the guy on the piano!

Was it:

* the eyes

or...

* the moustache?

Check it out on YouTube!

Don't forget to look at this one, too!
on 9 April 2013
I remember seeing Sparks on TOTP way back when. A great tune and still worth an earful today. More affordable now, too!
on 28 September 2014
Just awesome
on 2 January 2013
I'd forgotten all about this song, but then someone reminded me and I looked it up on youtube... and remembered exactly why Ron Mael (keyboards) completely freaked me out when I watched Sparks perform this song on Top of the Pops when I was 6 years old! But the song is a 'keeper' - totally unique, unlike anything else either before or since in terms of chart music, so now it's on my MP3 player!
on 15 February 2010
Tracks were what I wanted, MP3 download service is excellent and has worked without fault
on 5 January 2017