on 13 January 2018
Not a review of the music (which is fabulous). This is the second vinyl copy I have had of this amazing music, both copies have quality issues which ruin the listeners pleasure. In terms of sound quality/mastering it's excellent but the manufacturing/quality control lets it down. Surely classic albums like this deserve better? Very disappointing.
on 24 September 2015
It's only recently that I've started to get into Jazz. I have some Coltrane on CD but always prefer vinyl. I bought this on vinyl as it seemed to be the most highly rated of his releases. I was a little worried that it would be wall to wall tenor sax but what is delightful about this album is that it gives equal time to all the players and so achieves a perfect balance as far as I'm concerned. It is every bit as good as its reputation.
on 15 March 2018
Excellent.
on 12 March 2018
Brilliant album.
on 15 May 2013
"A Love Supreme" is a superb record. I see it more as a work of art or a piece of art rather than just music. Had he lived god only know where Coltrane's music would have headed but I am sure he would have broken more & more barriers.....
on 1 February 2016
I love listening to this when alone. Not my usual style at all. Ordered it after hearing a programme on Radio 4. Very pleased.
on 5 May 2016
Only his beginning into free jazz. Influenced by the unheralded vulnerable genius Albert Ayler Trane went on further but slated, the output is largely ignored
on 16 May 2015
great
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 January 2016
The definintive John Coltrane, wonderful to be playing vinyl again !
on 29 August 2015