Customer reviews

Orbvs Terrarvm (Remastered And Expanded)
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£10.99

on 2 July 2016
One of the most underated albums from the 90s. Extraordinary soundscapes, like something from an otherworld, both organic and mechanical, beautiful and strange! I don't know any other album like it. The extra disc of remixes/different versions is superb, just as good as the originals. I remember going to the Happy Happy Joy Joy tour when the orb played this in kentish town forum....what an introduction! I was still at school at the time and just discovering the orb, eat static, banco etc. This was my first experience at a proper electronic gig, and i remember the crowd (very relaxed!) the incredible lighting rig and of course the tunes! Why oh why did i give my orb tshirt away?! Anyway, this album is timeless and unique. It doesn't conform to any particular styles, it's the orb afterall! This is music to dream to, ever evolving, surprising and even comical(re.the slugs and the juicy lettuces!).
on 10 March 2018
Pure ambience without much of the housey overtones of their earlier stuff, this is still quite an enjoyable album. Spacious and lush, it's full of texture and generally easy on the soul.

As long as you're in the mood for full-on ambience, it's a winner.
on 8 April 2018
amazing
on 17 December 2016
A meticulously crafted masterpiece, both spacious and slightly anarchic. The experiments of Pomme Fritz pay off big style in an album that still sounds epic today. A no brainer, just buy :)
on 25 March 2014
This is a monster of an album form The Orb. Have been listening to this since its release and is still one of my favourite albums to date. This release solidifies how amazing The Orb are and their part in producing what maybe a future masterpiece.
on 9 June 2016
MORE ORGANIC AND CLEAN This is earthy and Psychedelic, easy on the ear and less spacey science fiction soundtrack. I still like it as I do The Orb generally and if you want a gentle soundtrack that allows you to skip through fields whilst blowing the fluff off those little flowery things then get it. I would say that with a member leaving having started this project and with the introduction of a new member coming in at that time things here changed route a little. I still enjoy it as it is trippy enough for me to enjoy in various situations, but for those die hard Orb fans who are used to a more edgy sound you may find it a little tame. Either way I have enjoyed it throughout this summer. Super chilled!
on 2 September 2014
This was a departure from the sound of 'Adventures...' and 'UFOrb' that made them popular. It was a brave move, exploring ambience far more than earlier material. You won't find a lot of house beats or heavy dub basslines here, but what you will find is some top-class ambient works. If you're not a genuine fan of ambient music (i.e. you prefer ambient house or ambient dub) perhaps it's best avoided, however I'd recommend it highly to anyone that enjoys the ambient/chillout genre.
on 8 October 2013
This album is still relevant in 2013. Its an album of ambient music. The tunes are definitely more like cerebral-esque journeys by sound than a tune you can put on and hum along to. Don't get me wrong there are bits of tunes on the album you could hum to but the overall experience is one of being drawn into and travelling around in a very strange (rich sounding in alot of parts) soundscape. One which does take you off on a journey.

Thus, because of its odd (when compared to conventional music, even most albums which come under the genre 'electronic music') individual sound, qualities, its not really aging and can be enjoyed now as it was when it was first released.

Over the years i'd hoped The Orb would pump out more albums like this or other people would create music in this vein. Neither of which have done so good enough for me to really get into what they've produced. Shame.
on 6 January 2011
"Generic Ambient Music" was how this album was described by the press when it first came out, and I couldn't agree more. I'm an Orb fan, have all of the albums except this one up until now as it wasn't recommended; but the reviews were quite good and seeing as I was a fan I thought "how bad can it be?". I've played it through 5 times but that will be its total ever play count for me. All I can say I've done is complete my collection, nothing else.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 April 2007
One of the most significant ambient albums of the nineties, Orbus Terrarum represents a journey across a landscape in the form of sound, with each track signifying a different terrain feature. The journey begins in the lush, dense ravine of 'Valley', with it's heavy rolling bass, gradually rising up into the airy, open spaces of 'Plateau', before descending again into the aquatic chimes of 'Oxbow Lakes'. The 'landscape as sound' theme is seemingly abandoned toward the end of the album, with an epic dub workout, 'Slug Dub', instead providing the finale, with humourous, if slightly sinister samples of a childrens' story about lettuce being eaten by 'nasty' slugs. Quite different from all the Orb's other albums, but definitely a classic.
3 people found this helpful