Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Size: Medium|Change
Price:£12.95 - £46.59

on 29 November 2014
Love this little item. Was tempted to buy bigger size but on reflection glad I got this one as it fits perfectly and easily accessible in kitchen drawer with other bits and bobs. Refreshing colour and co-ordinates perfectly with new kitchen decor. It has proved to be a useful product. Well worth the money as it shows no signs of wear and tear and retains strong colour. I am careful to avoid placing this item in the dishwasher for fear of the heat distorting its shape but it cleans and rinses very easily under the tap.
on 19 October 2015
Sieve stuff.
on 7 June 2015
Lovely and handy
on 15 September 2014
Good Quality but pricey
on 6 January 2011
I was looking for a new colander as my old one let bits of rice and spaghetti through its holes and also burnt my hand if I wasn't careful. I had bought a Joseph Joseph magnetic tablespoon/teaspoon in green which I liked very much. I read the reviews for this and gave it a go, well I just love it! It is very sturdy and when you hold it to pour your food items into it you feel like you have good control. The holes are very cleverly shaped to not let anything through apart from water (or very small things!).

It also has a hole at the end of the handle so you can hang it up, and it is so attractive that I don't mind having it on display. The plastic is of very good quality and it is easy to clean (much easier than a sieve which I was using before to strain rice). It is surprising how much joy an object such as this can bring, especially after struggling with inferior models for so many years!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 October 2013
Up until now I have always used a typical large, circular, metal colander. These work well enough in so much as they do the job of straining out water but they do have some problems:

- You cannot hold them with one hand to strain
- They are bigger than they need to be and take up a lot of cupboard space
- Pouring the strained contents can be messy due to the shape

No more. This is the design colanders always should have been. Big handle for holding with one hand and square so the corners become pouring spouts. The holes are all drilled straight up and down despite the shape of the item, so drainage is improved.

This is made of thick and durable plastic and does not bend or flex much, feels sturdy. The green one looks great and it is a fair price for a quality item.

Highly recommended.
on 4 February 2010
Very well designed, stable, fits well over mixing bowl or saucepan to collect stock, drains very quickly without loss of lentils or rice compared to my old( now recycled) standard less holey colander. Handle has a cut out for easy hanging, great for a small kitchen and really livens it up. Would recommend, well worth the money. as said before not a folding colander but if you are looking for the folding version Cook's Kitchen are much cheaper than Amazon!
on 22 October 2011
Stands proud in my kitchen. Is used most days for draining pasta and the like. Handle makes it easy do, as compared to traditional metal colander.
on 6 March 2012
Wow ... just what I wanted for my new kitchen full of bright colours. The colour is amazing, but the product is even better. It's sturdy and very cleverly designed, it fits in my sink perfectly and stands up very steadily because of the clever design of the handle. A definite five out of five recommendation.
on 16 June 2011
It easily hooks over the side of my washing up bowl so that I can, one-handedly, drain hot veg/pasta, or rinse uncooked veg, while the colander is held above the water, it does hold a surprising amount. I tend to leave mine on the side of the bowl as it is too big to store anywhere else but I use it alongside my Joseph Joseph chopping board and I love that the products all come in different colours, I have a technicolour kitchen now! It's also handy to drain just washed cutlery in!

See one answered question