on 27 March 2017
great
on 26 March 2017
Great straighteners. Take them everywhere.
on 24 September 2012
I'm loving these straighteners; Heat up very quick, swivel cord makes it easier to use. I have very thick hair and these slide through making it straight and shiny. I almost bought from Boots for £75 so delighted to save a fortune from Amazon
on 10 December 2009
After reading up on these I decided to give them a go as I can't really afford to replace mybeloved GHDs right now. Got them at about 50% off but to be honest they're so good I would happily pay full price. They heat up in no time at all & the great thing is you can control the temperature, so I use them on the highest setting for most of my hair & then turn them low to do my fringe, where my hair is finer for some reason. I also only had to run through my hair once, to get it poker straight, and it STAYS straight throughout the day. For reference I'm mixed race & so have thick coarse hair. Oh, & curling hair is a dream with these as the whole red shiny outer bit is so sleek it doesn't drag on your hair. These are excellent straighteners, at an affordable price & I'm so glad I gave them a chance - money well spent!
0Comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2010
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This particular Nicky Clarke straightener looks stunning, in a lovely red colour and is also well presented, in a box with a lift off lid. I always keep my straighteners in their box anyway, so having a top opening (instead of side like most come with) box is extremely useful. There is also a clear window built into the box, so if you gave it as a gift, then the recipient would be able to see the product straight away without even having to open it up.

As actual straightners I have found them excellent. They are the first ones that have actually got my hair fully straight and kept it like it all day. It is even relatively straight the next day too. I did not have to use them on the top heat setting for this either. There are not heat settings in particular on these, but more levels of heat which would be needed depending on your hair type 'medium, thick' etc, which obviously get hotter the thicker your hair is.

The cable is really long which makes them useful and means you can go and stand in front of your mirror with them, even if it is not right by your plug socket. Another good feature (which at first I thought was a bad one) is that the on/ off switch is inside the straighteners (as in near the plates). It is a little awkward to turn them on for this reason, but it turned out that this was actually a blessing as, unlike my old straighteners which have the button on the top, I do not accidently turn these ones off as I am working and have to wait for them to heat up again once I have realised.

The straighteners heat up virtually instantly and are quick and easy to use. The plates glide over hair well and leave it smooth and straight without having to go over the same section several times. Overall they are great for people who want ease of use, so they can plug in and go and are also really nice to look at, thus proving them a good all round product. My only quibble was the on/off switch, but this turned out to be a good thing really, as I previously mentioned. If you are looking for a good quality, attractive straightener, then look no further.
on 14 June 2012
I finally shopped around for new straighteners because, months ago, my GHDs went 'fizzle-pop' and I didn't want to fork out over £100 for new ones. All the reviews say these are as good as GHDs so I had to try them at £41. It's been so long since I used my last straighteners so it's difficult to compare but these ones definitely do the job.

The first time I used them I didn't want to fry my hair so I didn't put the setting to 'max' (like when you use a new iron and it melts your clothes!) but I think this caused my fringe, and the finer hairs near the front, to frazzle a bit. So every time after that I put them on 'max' and the result was much smoother and shinier, as you expect with decent straighteners.

The outside does get pretty hot so you have to watch you don't accidentally touch your neck, shoulders, face or ears but I love the feel of them, the look of them (colour and design) and now straighten my hair every day because I enjoy using them and am happy that I have a set once again.

Overall I'm pleased with these and would definitely recommend them :-) It beats shelling out £130 or thereabouts.
VINE VOICEon 27 August 2010
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Okay let me just admit this now. I am very lazy and clueless when it comes to doing my hair. I own two hair products, shampoo and conditioner. The only thing I do to 'treat' my hair is get it trimmed every six to eight weeks. The idea of straightening my hair, which is already pretty straight seemed daft but when I got the opportunity to try this product I jumped at it.
Even clueless as I am, I have heard of Nicky Clarke and I love his straighteners. They are extremely easy to use, they heat up fast and instructions are fairly idiot proof. I could follow them without any problem. They are great for just getting the kink out of you hair from being up all day and for getting it dead straight to give a dramatic effect.
These will now be in amongst my travel kit when I go away as they aren't too big the only thing I do have to do is learn to be patient when straightening my hair and learn how to be dexterous enough so I can do the back of my hair as well.
on 11 February 2011
These straighteners are great. I upgraded from a pair of GHDs because I wanted hotter straightners that had a longer lasting effect on my hair. I have quite long straight hair that won't hold a curl but also won't stay straight over time. I have to admit these straighteners keep my hair nice and straight all day. They do get very hot and so does the casing so you have to be careful and my biggest complaint is that the straigntener protection mat I use has melted slightly onto the straighteners and marked them although it does eventually come off. Otherwise these are great pair of straighteners that heat up and cool down quickly.
on 26 June 2010
Love these straighteners, they glide through the hair with ease with out snagging and causing split ends. Result! :p x
on 3 January 2011
I received this item, along with others in the range, for Christmas last year. They looked very professional in the packaging, and they performed very professionally on my hair! The first thing I tried was straightening; a task which would usually take me 30-45 minutes with my older Remington straightener. With the DesiREDs, it took me about 15-20 minutes; cutting the time by over half, brilliant! The thin-max setting for your hair is also great, as with my old straightener (where I had to digitally pick the temperature) I had no idea which setting was right for my hair type. Meaning it was often so straight it looked greasy, not straight enough so that it was curly by the end of the day, and also it would smell slightly burned. But with this product, it has made such a difference! My hair looks glossy and professionally styled, I used to think straight hair was dull and flat but this straightener makes it look so healthy, I've already has lots of comments on my 'new cut'... I've not had my hair cut in months!
The second thing I tried with this straightener was curling. It's even better than straightening! The curved sides to the straightener make it very easy and it does not pull or grab your hair like others often do. It glides through as softly as it does when you're straightening it, and doesn't really take too long. (I find it a very good idea to set it to one setting up from what you straighten with, as it gives more of a solid ringlet). I must be honest and say that i've curled my hair more than I've straightened it with this straightener! I have some Nicky Clarke curlers still in the box because this product has been so useful.
I definitely recommend this straightener, it looks great, it performs great, and it will make you look great! Buy it before it becomes discontinued!
11 Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse