Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 20 August 2007
Would highly recommend this book to any one who enjoys a fiery paranormal romance. this book can be read without reading Megan's Mark first, but some of the characters from the first book do appear again, and one becomes a main character. this book is about a female breed called Harmony who meets Lance, a human, at a bar and spends the night with him. without realising what she is doing, she creates a strong bond with him that means that they cannot be apart too much (in more ways than one!). whilst trying to deal with what is happening to them, they have to find who it is that is trying to track down and set up Harmony for kills that she did not make. This book is well worth a read and can be read in less than 2 days.
on 28 February 2011
I really love this series. As highly sexual as the books are, there is real heart at the depths. The romances sizzle and this book didn't disappoint. The sheriff Lance and assassin Harmony certainly set the bed on fire and the love between them was so warm and strong.

The story arc is really building now and there are some new revelations that raised my eyebrows. I can't wait to read the next book.
on 19 September 2015
I came to Lora Leigh through boredom and scepticism. Someone's recommendation had me reaching for another book in this sequence but I was not sure I would like it. I am now hooked. The storyline is a little predictable at times in that you know the guy and the girl will get together. A little "fifty shades of grey" though these books were produced before that novel hit the shelves. If you are a romantic who also likes science fantasy then this is the book for you. Harmony's way is part of the breed series but it is more developed and goes off into another tangent. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 16 October 2007
What a disappointment this novel was.

I was expecting a hot hot romance between the hero and heroine. Ok, the novel started off like that. But before half-way through it changed into another one of those Peyton Place type books. With endless new characters being introduced, plus all their back stories and thoughts. We even get to know that one of the Breed enforcers has the hots for a sub-hero's mother. Wow! It's a wonder we don't get to meet the Breed pool-man and know all about his sex-life too. I am not one of those readers who longs to live in or learn all about a particular community where everyone knows everyone else's business. And that is just the kind of story that Harmony's Way turns out to be.

As for the steaminess. There's quite a lot early on in the book. Then it disappears almost completely.

I have to say this about the heroine. Basically. Harmony's a doormat. Big-time.

This is a heroine who lets her shirt-tail brother tell her she's having a baby. Because Harmony did not know!!! Her life is controlled by men. The brother Jonas who tells her where to work. The rescuer, Dane who always gets her out of trouble. And the short-tempered hero, Lance who gives her a stiff rogering to ease the pain of the 'mating.' Yeugh!!

Not once does Harmony tell them all to get lost. This heroine also has quite a problematic back story. It's one thing being a killer. It's quite another thing being a killer of activists who seek nothing more than to help those less fortunate than themselves. Which is what Harmony is. On so many levels she turns out to be a wet victim who can't get out of a repeat cycle of letting loud, gruff guys decide her life for her. Awful.

Poor Harmony. What she really needs is a decent education. That might help her decide independently of where to go with her life. Go to college girl! Get some qualifications. Do some minoring in women's rights or feminist history. I beg you.

Also I don't like the whole 'Breed' mentality. They live in the US. Follow U.S. law. There's no need to be having 'Breed Law.' What on earth is that all about?

My sympathies were all with Dane, the first Leo's son. He wants to live his life without being injected and examined by the Breed doctors. Good on him. He wants some privacy. Which is more than Harmony gets as the men in her life discuss her fertility like she didn't exist. And all she can do is say 'I'll run away where no-one can find me.' Bwahh! Is she some refugee eejut ninny from a regency romance?

There's something deeply flawed about Jonas's mentality too. He reckons that if the world finds out about the Breed mating heat, people will be appalled. Most people in the Western Free World tolerate so much. Believe me. 'Breed mating heat' doesn't rank very high on anyone's intolerance list. So, as a reader, I could never buy into the reasons for him chasing after Harmony so intensely.

I just hope Tanner's Scheme isn't as hicksville as this turned out to be. Humph!
on 24 October 2007
This book isn't as good as Megans Mark or Tanners Scheme but is still good. You do really feel for the characters and enjoy their inter-play. I liked all the different characters in the book as it makes you want ot learn more about them.
on 17 April 2012
Fantastic lov the breeds the whole family of books make one to look for your mate and get hot under the collar
on 13 May 2008
I've enjoyed all the LL stories I read so far, and I was really expecting to love it, but somehow it never clicked. I've got to admit, I read three quarters of it, and then put it in the charity pile. In spite of all the hot sex, I just couldn't muster enough interest in these people to spend the time finishing the story.
on 18 March 2015
on 8 June 2011
Although this book was slighly different from some of the others, I just managed to read it and at times got very bored with it. Lora Leigh seems to have one rule, sex and little story.
on 14 June 2016