on 18 October 2017
This is George's masterpiece. Full of beauty, the songs range from the sublime My Sweet Lord to the rollicking Wah-wah, with George's unique way with a melody and lovely slide guitar featuring throughout.

There are so many great songs on here - Beware of Darkness, I'd Have You Anytime, Isn't It A Pity and the title track to name just a few. The production is warm in that lovely natural 70s way, and the performances throughout are bang on.

An essential album for Beatles & George fans, and lovers of 70s rock....oh, and anyone who likes great music!
2 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2016
This album deserves 4.5 stars. This is a very good album. Fairplay, George Harrison did succeed in delivering a well rounded triple album, and the songs highlight the best of that era and the best of Harrison. It's very much an ensemble piece, of course, yet at the core is his songwriting. Don't get me wrong, as much as I enjoyed this album and agree it does deserve to be highly regarded, some critics do go overboard. It does hold up well, but some of the songs are quite simple. I look at it more as a collection of great songs and jamming, not of completely masterful songwriting. Some of the critics seem to go ga ga of the writing, yet I was quite surprised in their simplicity. I realise the following songwriters/lyricysts are all different, yet don't expect a Dylan, or Neil Young or Bernie Taupin etc. Regarding the jams, I know some critics have not been kind towards them. I disagree. Obviously if you don't like jamming and/or instrumental numbers, they wont appeal to you however, I think they serve the album well, (minus the 'It's Johnny's birthday', which is just random as hell). For anyone who appreciate AOR, or just love the vinyl era, purchase this. I knew nothing really of Mr. Harrison prior to listening to this, yet I sat through this album twice, in its entirety. It was a very quick 100 minutes...which is a good thing of course.
One person found this helpful
on 27 February 2014
George Harrison, could really reach inside your heart with some of his tracks and it was as if he had experienced some of the same things I have. Well why am I surprised many people have had similar if not the same experiences, difference being we are not all talented in the music composing department like he was. But we are able to choose what one of the many different genres and songs he wrote to suit many moods. This CD has many such tracks. A mixture. Sadly I think Mr Harrison was underrated during his lifetime, maybe not though in his reality, I was just a listener and still am of many genres of music, I didn't really think about the people behind that music I was just thankful for music I love and like, George made that. I know he also had a film company too but, it's his music that fascinates, moves and gives my ears enjoyment as well as being impressed by how diligent he was in producing it. After watching a documentary about him, yes I was around when the Beetles were together, but we never really heard much about or from Mr Harrison as I would have liked, having seen the documentary I learned just how versatile he was in producing pleasing, melodic, rock, ballads and even a bit of country style, as well as folk with incredible production. And what a deep thinking man he was. That is obvious in his music that thankfully has not died.
CD delivered during time specified by seller and in perfect condition.
One person found this helpful
on 2 October 2016
His best solo album, full of songs Lennon-McCartney unfairly rejected, presented here in remastered sound quality that puts some of the aggresion back into the sound that Phil Spector subtracted, and with illuminating bonus tracks and colorized packaging. Densely produced melodic rock. The Apple Jam tracks are fun fluff. Most of the album is serious rumination on life, love, etc.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2013
This is a fantastic album!I think it's better than any LP that The Beatles made.While still in The Beatles, George Harrison showed that he was a great songwriter.'Something','While My Guitar Gently Weeps' and 'Here Comes The Sun' are among the greatest songs ever written.With "All Things Must Pass" George Harrison was able to really demonstrate his superb talent.The music on this album is so beautiful, especially George's slide guitar.The whole album is great but some of my favourite tracks are;
1)'All Things Must Pass'.2)'Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)'.3)'Art Of Dying'.
4)'Beware Of Darkness.'5)'I Live For You.'6)'Isn't It A Pity?'
3 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2016
Look, its been my favourite album for years. This remastered version only ehances the original experience.

The Ballad of Frankie Crisp still gets me every time, But its not just that its the whole feel of the album, it is a man finally released and alive.

Its a shame so many people miss his great guitar playing and song writting.
on 3 April 2018
Being a Beatles fan since I was born this review can be considered a bit biased.
In this day and time i only buy CD's that i really think to be an important part of history.
This album got to be on my top 10 of all time, it could easily be a Beatles album, and in my opinion is the best Beatle solo album, just perfect from start to finnish.
Love the artwork, it just feels like a smaller version of the original LP.
review image
on 29 April 2016
As the third songwriter in The Beatles and always competing for album space with two bandmates who rank among the greatest songwriters of all time, George Harrison had a large collection of unrecorded songs by the time the Beatles broke up in 1970. This album was the result. A bona fide classic in every way.
on 14 March 2018
What to say about this album?
Harrison never got even close to this quallity ever after.
on 9 June 2018
Wouldn't be without a copy if only for the cover of Bob's, If not for you.