Customer reviews

on 13 May 2017
Easy to use .....
on 11 April 2010
Does exactly what it says. When purchasing you only need to order one unit as they come in pairs. Delivery excellent.
My ancient Vauxhall Car-400 radio had a bad connection on the plug, all it needed was to be unplugged, the contacts given a squirt of Servisol and re-plugged. But fiddling around with bits of wire and various sized drills was fruitless - the radio remained in-situ and sulking.

This pair of bent rods with cunningly shaped ends made the job easy, after I had widened the parallel jaws by about 10mm to fit the hole spacing.

Push them in gently until you feel them locate, push them slightly apart to catch the lugs in the radio and gently pull out the radio. Remove the keys before re-inserting the radio. Type in your radio code (you do know the code for the radio?) and bingo it all works.
on 2 June 2012
Saved me having to pay my garage for a new number, worked in my renault clio, great job, thank you
on 8 January 2014
Did the job of letting me remove the radio. However, the ends were quite rough and burred, so I could only get them out of the radio housing again with the help of a screwdriver. However once I had invested 10 minutes or so in filing and sanding off the burrs, they were somewhat better.

Summary is that they will do the job for occasional users (but clean them up first as above to avoid damage to your radio), however, if you are a mechanic or similar and are going to be using them frequently, then you will probably want something of better quality.
on 22 May 2012
If you order these radio removal keys make sure the tips are completely smooth when you use them. Mine had small burrs on the shaped tip which caused them to get stuck. I had to unscrew the retaining clip from the radio to get them out. I filed them down afterwards and they were fine. There were no instructions either. You insert them into the holes then pull them gently sideways in opposite directions towards the doors. This flattens the spring clips and the radio pops out. You don't need them to put the radio back in again
on 24 September 2010
These little devices (together with some Torx screwdrivers) saved me a bundle when my Ford CD changer decided to gobble some CDs then stop working.
on 16 January 2012
This is a simple but necessary tool (comes in two pieces, one for each side of the radio).

It is a necessity if you want to replace or remove the radio / CD player for repair .

I found you really needed two people , one to insert and hold / pull the two forks and one to pull the radio out.

If you have a replacement radio it is best to practice on that first, in order to see how far and how strongly to insert the forks to release the catches on it .

The parts were cheap and arrived in a couple of days , so excellent servce from this seller .

Lastly, a very easy job that takes about 15 minutes, but make sure you have the radio code and know how to set upmthye radio which again is simple
on 9 January 2014
Does what it says, removed car stereo to get serial numbers etc so I could find my radio code on my fiat 500. Got the code and no more silence in the car. thanks. Great price. Delivered in good time
on 17 June 2011
I am trying to add an aux in to my 1998 Saab 9-3. Forum advice pointed me towards using some coat hangars to pull out the stereo, or I could buy a DIN-removal tool (like this one) if I really wanted to, but coat hangars would be fine. I tried for about an hour and got nowhere with coat hangars. I bought these and had the head unit out in a jiffy.