on 24 December 2012
i bought this chair trying to save some money on a ergonomic chair. iam 6"2 and suffer from backache. the idea of an ergonomic chair is that it holds your back in a good position without the need to use your muscles. this chair can not do that, as it can only lock when fully up, which causes you to bend over. the chair when not lock bends all the way back, which is pointless for back suffre like me or anyone else that wants to reach the keyboard.

so why did you not send it back well after talking to the company they exclaimed that they would not take it back if put together. once you put the base together its like imposable to take apart. the company had no interest in even talking to me whatsoever.

apart from the back issue, its not a high back only going as high as my lower back, no neck support. the arm rest are to low causing you to bend right over. and its not made very well making it like a table that has one leg lower than all the rest so it keeps going up and down.

all in all avoid, i believe the 5 star replays are by the employer as no one would give this more then 3 on a good day.
on 22 May 2013
Cheap rubbish that's best avoided. Once assebled the chair rocks a little in its fittings. The arms are of the cheapest most basic and brittle plastic. I'm not a heavy guy, i don't abuse my property and yet with very little pressure the arm broke off and now i have a one armed chair.
Only goes up and down, no tilt to it. I suppose it'd be ok to stock a board/meeting room of a small company but this is not a robust product that can handle regular use.
on 19 September 2012
I've had several big black leather chairs that feel super-comfy, but slowly destroy your posture and never feel particularly productive.

I wanted a smart chair that promoted good posture both for health reasons and for productivity - and this chair delivers.

My lower back is supported in a way I have never experienced in a leather chair; and I feel attentive, ready-to-work but comfortable.

The mesh material is very comfortable, firm and so cool on a warm summer's day compared to leather!

It's got enough 'bounce' both in the mesh and spring-loaded tilt to be comfortable, but without any of that slouch I have grown to loathe in big leather chairs.

It also looks very smart. The fabric seat; mesh back, leather pad and metal base provide an aesthetically pleasing set of contrasts.

The way you can 'see' through the chair's back also makes it far 'lighter' in the room, in contrast to the massive wedge of an opaque office chair.

In conclusion, if you're a lazy gamer looking to slouch around, this isn't for you.

If you're a businessperson, writer or musician looking for lower back support and a productive posture, I couldn't recommend this enough.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2012
When I wanted to buy a chair to my home office, surprisingly it was not so easy find a good one. I went even to a local office store and tried at least 20 different chairs, but was not impressed by either quality, ergonomic or price. The good chair from a good manufacturer can easily put your bank account in red! So, I decided just follow a good review on amazon and take a risk to buy it without seeing or trying it first. I was surprised how good this chair is in terms of quality and ergonomic. I guess that nobody will complain about the price!

There is only one minor issue that the description is not accurate: "Ergonomic design with adjustable lumbar support". This chair (at least what I got) looks exactly as on the photo, but without adjustable lumbar support. Perhaps it is a different model, but to be honest, I am quite satisfied with this chair!
on 10 January 2014
To get straight to the point, this chair continually falls apart with screws (which have been properly tightened) falling out of the bottom on the chair.. Totally unsafe and I'm shocked that it passed quality control... Do not recommend.
on 4 December 2011
excellent chair very comfortable especially on long sessions! definititly a good buy! would definitely recommend to anyone especially if using a computer for long sessions !! very comfortable indeed!!
on 14 July 2013
I bought this for my fiances office.However it has only been a few months and an arm has clean snapped right off. It was disappointing when he called me with the news as it was a birthday gift.
on 17 September 2012
The chair is alright, nothing amazing BUT the customer service of this company is shocking with no support and they pass the blame. I really would suggest looking else where.
on 13 May 2013
I received and built this chair today and thought I'd share my first impressions. Firstly the chair was very easy to build, and only took me about twenty minutes to set it all up. It's also very comfortable, the mesh back gives just enough resistance to allow a heavily built guy like me to relax very easily, and it doesn't look as imposing as a solid back would. The arm rests aren't really high enough for me, but they are optional and can be easily removed. I'll update this review after a couple of months to give my verdict after a good solid bit of use.

I do have to say however that the chair arrived 11 days late! This was the fault of the delivery company, APC. The seller (furniture bay), to their credit, were very easy to contact and very helpful in getting the delivery resolved, and so I'm not going to knock a star off for something that wasn't their fault. (Quick hint if your struggling to get a parcel company to deliver something; get in touch with the seller, as they are the ones who the parcel company have the contract with, and not you!)

Overall I would recommend this comfortable chair if you're looking for a budget computer chair. I would imagine that the delivery issues I experienced aren't typical, and as I said, the seller was very helpful in getting this sorted. Now that it's here I'm very pleased with it, and it should make a good replacement for my previous wobbly old chair.
on 26 February 2014
The chair is OK but the build quality is a little poor. Nothing really seemed to fit and the instructions were poor