on 3 May 2009
I'm not a big wearer of watches but this one caught my eye recently and I thought I'd send for it. I wanted something I could wear in the day or evening and I was not disappointed!

The watch face is more square shaped than in the picture and the mother of pearl face is absolutely lovely, I've never seen a watch face quite like it :-) The tiny diamonds add that extra touch of sparkle without being too 'blingy'. Roman numerals denote 12, 6 & 9 o'clock, whilst a small date box is at the 3 o' clock position.

I thoroughly recommend this timepiece, it comes with a full guarantee and is was packaged during transit. Well worth the money too when you consider its RRP!
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2010
My wife chose this for her Christmas present. She was a little bit put off by one reviewer's description of the watch as "chunky". It isn't the most petite of ladies' wristwatches, but it is a practical size. The actual measurements are 35mm x 30mm. The side profile of the watch is curved, increasing from 3mm to 8mm in depth; the back plate adds 1mm to this but, as this is inset, it is not seen when worn. Now she's seen the watch in real life, she's very happy with it.
on 1 March 2017
Beautiful watch, thanks.
on 13 February 2010
I am really pleased with my new watch, its just what I was looking for. It has a nice big face as my eye-sight is not quite what it used to be. The watch was also very well packaged and arrived very quickly. I had been looking for a new watch for a long time and finally I have a watch that I really like. I was slightly worried that with the diamonds it would look too flash but its a watch I can wear everyday.
on 3 February 2009
Unsure of an 18th present but this really fit the bill. Beautiful watch at a really great price when you consider it is over £700 on the web site.
Beautiful mother of pearl face great quality diamonds are small but come with a certificate of authenticity. and a FIVE year warranty
33 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2010
Very pleased with this watch ,it was exactly as advertised , in fact was probably better in the flesh as to speak , than the picture . I purchased this watch for myself as my eyesight is not as good as it was , and I am pleased to say that I do not have to put on my specs to see the time, looks equally good for daytime and evening wear and I have had several compliments when wearing it. The seller was 100%
arrived well before the stated time and packing was excellent. would definately use again.
on 24 February 2010
I have for sometime been looking for a smart watch with a black strap.
When I found the Oskar Emil Petersburg Watch it was exactly what I had been looking for.
I was elegant, pretty with a mother of pearl face with diamonds.
The size of the watchface was small enough to be classy and large enough to re readable.
on 19 November 2010
I am very pleased with this watch. It looks stunning and the diamonds aren`t so small like someone said in his review.
I would recommend this watch to everyone.
on 21 February 2011
I'm very pleased with the watch. It is quite chunky and the strap is quite long so it suits my large wrist! Possibly not an ideal watch for the daintier person. With ageing eyesight I'm unable to read the date but that's not important to me. I checked the watch size via another website before purchasing - it would be useful for Amazon to give the size. I would buy again at the reduced price as I consider it to be a very good buy.
on 8 July 2011
Saw this watch in summer sale and decided to treat myself. The watch arrived next day, which was a bit of a surprise, beautifully packaged, and already set to time and date. The watch itself is beautiful, face is mother of pearl with four small diamonds, clear black numerals which show quite clearly against the mother of pearl, the leather strap is good quality and it sits well on (my skinny) wrist. A timeless classic.