VINE VOICEon 11 February 2017
Radiohead are a band that I sadly seemed to miss when they were releasing their hugely popular stuff in the mid 90's and I only started listening to their stuff via their greatest hits a bit later and realised how great it was.

I've now got myself a turntable and started to collected some of the classic albums that I missed from bands that I like and this was high on the list.

So I got this last Saturday, opened it up and started to listen.... absolutely fantastic, I haven't stopped listening every night since.

It's wonderful. Yes it's Radiohead, it isn't dancing bunnies and happy pop, but to my ears it's a fantastic, complex and brilliantly put together album with barely a bad track across all four sides.

I can see why this did so well. A genuine classic.
One person found this helpful
on 5 September 2014
I bought this, basically, on the strength of their previous record's last song, "Street Spirit (Fade Out)", which I adored immediately, and favored over the often a bit too "college rock"-y sound of the other songs of the album, as well as that on their first record. The heavy electronic treatment of Mr. Greenwood's guitar on "Paranoid Android" reassured me quickly that this was indeed something else, and it was rather soon clear that the game changed with this album. The experimentation of sound, the guitars in particular, reminded me of progressive rock bands from the past, but here the guitar almost works against the songs, providing an unease and a nervous edge which complement the lyrics about isolation, and it is filling up all the space that is left by the other sounds, making the music feel trapped. The only time when I lose my 100% interest is when "Fitter, Happier" plays. It works for me almost like an intermission, and perhaps that's what it is! It is certainly needed, because there are a lot of things going on, and concentration is a must. For those who can stay concentrated there is an award waiting.
One person found this helpful
on 16 December 2016
I lost my original copy some time ago, but heard "No Surprises" on late night radio recently and decided to buy the CD again. It's just as good as ever and has definitely had a major influence on bands of the last 20 years.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 October 2013
I'll admit I liked Radiohead but I only knew the songs that appeared on the radio. OK Computer is often one of their more critically acclaimed albums and it's easy to see why. Stand out tracks are hard to choose as the album flows neatly into a complete package.
8 people found this helpful
on 26 September 2016
A strangely relaxing album with what have become some real hit songs on it. The tone of the album is quite discordant and whilst some people would call their sound depressing, the songs can be strangely uplifting and the group really use their instruments to the best of their ability.
on 10 January 2018
A fantastic album which was given as a very well recieved gift.
on 20 August 2017
Radiohead what more needs to be said
on 14 August 2017
Brilliant
on 7 January 2016
This was bought as a present dfor our son from a gift list. He loves it! It arrived on time and was well packed.
on 18 October 2017