Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 31 March 2006
How comes this has started appearing at the top of best album polls more frequently in the recent past, almost 9 years after its release? Well 40 years on, people are starting to let go of The Beatles and are now looking to the next best thing. This is it. A beautiful, inspiring record that, despite their gloomy reputation, is uplifting in so many ways. It certainly took me a few listens before I was convinced, but this may well possibly be my favourite album of all time now.
on 16 November 2000
I've owned this album for three years now. you know when you get an album that you play non-stop for weeks, maybe even months? This was it, only it's been played for three years now. It sounds trite but each time I hear it I still hear something new or something that I had forgotten. It is simply the best album ever made. Yes, your Beatles albums are classic and innovative, your Dylan's changed music for good and U2 entranced us. This album still, after three years, has me spellbound. To buy this album is to be part of history.
on 19 November 1999
Although in my opinion it could be said to lose its way for a some moments after 'Fitter Happier', finding itself again with 'No Surprises', this album rocks. Airbag kicks straight in and Radiohead's power is relentlessly demonstrated through the first five tracks building to 'Let Down' - returning again with 'Lucky'. It's hard to avoid cliches when referring to the feelings that this record evokes in me, and taste is, afterall, subjective, but I love this album. 'Let Down' is perfect, rocking beauty.
on 5 December 2014
on 23 December 2015
A1
on 1 December 1999
This is perhaps the most emotionally 'loaded' albums i've ever listened to, being full of lyrics and melody that have never failed to 'connect' with me. After owning the album for two years i still play it at least once a week, regularly in its entirety with an expression of bliss on my face as it takes me on a musicla journey unsurpassed by any other album in my collection. A first class CD from a first class band, may they long continue
on 28 March 2001
This was the first album of this style that I bought, and it took me a while to get into, but once I did, wow! Superb from beginning to end (with only a small blip for Electioneering), probably my favourite album ever. Best bits for me: the end of the middle eight refrain in Let Down (where it builds up, you know what I mean!), the end of Exit Music (the vocals!) and the longest guitar break in Lucky. For the ones of you who don't own this, beg, borrow, steal or even sell your body to get it!
on 21 July 2000
Never in my life have I heard an album with quite so much emotion conveyed in so few songs. 'Karma Police' is a masterpiece, the lyrics strangeley twisted and disturbing, 'Airbag' is a haunting opening for the album and 'Paranoid Android' is, surely, the highlight of this artwork. It's brilliant blend of heavy rock, pop and soul is incredible and works perfectly.
A beautifully disturbing album for any lover of Manic Street Preachers, Nirvana or R.E.M.
on 12 July 2000
from beginning to end, this album is absolutely incredible. The music is superb and carefully constructed. every lyric is full of thought and feeling. whenever i turn on this albumi find my self trapped in the music and i can't do anything else until the entire thing is finished. What i cant understand is how "meeting in the aisle" did not make it anto the this album, it is the best piece of music Radiohead have ever produced.
on 11 December 2007
What more can I say? This is Dark Side Of The Moon for the 21st century. Absolutely cracking music - OK, it's not happy happy stuff but then Radiohead were never into the 'love you baby' tunes... Each track is different the last yet they all segue into a wonderful patchwork that is excellence in the extreme. AIRBAG - what a piece of genius!