Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 14 November 2000
This CD is a delightful mixture of traditional and modern Christmas songs. A must for anyone who owns Jim's previous Christmas offering 'Twelve Songs of Christmas'. Jim Reeves manages to sooth us through Christmas as he sings O Come All ye Faithful, Silver Bells and Blue Christmas, whilst upping the tempo with Jingles Bells, Senor Santa Claus and Merry Christmas Polka. Just put this CD on early Christmas Eve and leave it on repeat through the festive season. You will never tire of the magestic Jim Reeves.
on 10 January 2010
Every Christmas since I was about 3 years old we would play a vinyl LP called Jim Reeves 12 songs of Christmas. I'm now nearly 40 and the LP is very worn, and I have been looking for years for the same LP on CD. I discovered this CD not only had all the original songs from the LP but a lot more that we had never heard before, but all delivered with Jim's wonderful, warm, soothing tones. For me personally, having grown up with Jim's voice every Christmas, he represents the sound of my Christmases and I would recommend this album for all ages to enjoy. A truly lovely album.
on 27 December 2003
In my honest opinion, no other song on the planet can reflect the spirit of christmas as these songs of Jim Reeves can. They are simply heavenly and only valued by those who still spiritually active to some extent.
on 4 January 2012
This CD has all the originol songs from the Jim Reeves twelve songs of Christmas album recorded in 1963, the rest of the album has the gospel side of Jim, not really sure this really works, it is perhaps better to buy the album 12 songs of Christmas, this stops you skipping the other recordings, although they are truly wonderful in themselves.Jims recording of Silent Night must be one of the worlds most beautiful renditions, as is Marys Boy Child, and should be included in a lot of those The only Christmas albums you want, which appear every year, and these songs should be played more on the radio networks, for Jims voice is the voice of Christmas, along with Nat King Cole, Perry Como and the likes, which alas the world will not see again.You cant help but enjoy Jims work,he will always remain the top of the tree..........Merry Christmas!
on 11 January 2010
Lovely Christmas album proves the old ones can be just as good as new ones
on 12 February 2014
Part of a collection of cds purchased for my father. When I was growing up I would often have to put up with him playing his records! Lol

Now I am older and wiser, I can appreciate just how good a singer Jim Reeves was.

As a child, I always liked snowflake and was surprised it was not included in this festive collection. However, my dad enjoyed his CD and I get to listen to the MP3.
....
on 6 December 2011
When it comes to traditional Christmas songs, they just doesn't get any better than Jim Reeves. He's been gone for a long time but his rich voice will live on forever. These songs are magical and the quality of the recordings is as good as anything recorded today. Dean Martin is my absolute favourite when it comes to this style of music, but when it comes to the Christmas songs, Dino has to sit in the second row for me while Gentleman Jim takes the stage. Buy this CD and you certainly will not be disappointed!!
on 15 July 2013
Bought this as peace of my life I thought I had lost. My dad was great fan of Jim Reeves and i grew up listening to all his music. This album brings back real fond times of when my dad was alive and i was young. Very good album.
on 8 December 2009
IN MY OPINION JIME REEVES IS THE BEST COUNTRY SINGER EVER - YOU CAN HEAR EVERY WORD AND THE "NASHVILLE SOUND" WITH PRODUCER CHET ATKINS AND THE BACKING MUSIC AND SINGER - THE JORDANAIRRES OR THE ANITA KERR SINGERS - IS PERFECT. HIS DICTION WAS WONDERFUL YOU CAN HEAR EVERY WORD AND HIS CHRISTMAS ALBUM AND GOSPEL ALBUM ARE. STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART. THIS ALBUM IS IDEAL TO ACCOMPANY A SING ALONG WITH YOUNG AND OLD - WELL DONE JIM - ANOTHER CLASSIC ! JOHN KNIGHT UK

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!!!!!!!!!
on 1 September 2013
I love to listen to Jim Reeves, delivered in time to listen to during Christmas period.
I would recommend to all family and friends.