Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Promise
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 28 July 2017
Was bought as a gift. Highly recommended
on 29 March 2017
great music
on 26 April 2012
This is my favourite out of all the Il Divo albums, it NEVER fails to relax me and I for one love the fact that Carlos is a bit of a belter, without it, songs like Adagio wouldnt have the same impact for me. Cant believe some of the other reviewers are complaining that there are not more songs in English, come on people, this is part of the appeal of Il divo, that they sing in Spanish, Latin and Italian. Carlos is Spanish, Seb is French and Urs is Swiss, David is American. Their cultural backgroungs makes them more interesting. I love the fact that even though i dont speak either of those languages i still love to sing the odd word that i have picked up and i have to say the songs stay with me for days after i have heard them. Keep up the great work Il Divo. Brillant!
on 24 July 2017
Another excellent Il Divo production
on 23 March 2011
Il Divo - An Evening With Il Divo - Live In Barcelona [Blu-ray] [2008]In love with all four but why oh why does the gorgeous Carlos have to drown his mates . This is the same problem on all their cd s and at their concerts . A baritone voice is more powerful than a tenor and should be a background voice .Just watched Adagio on DVD. O dear it was as if Carlos treated this number as his solo never the less sent tingles up my spine.
on 3 December 2008
I am a platinum member of their website. I have all their albums, dvds and have seen them live 5 times. I WAS almost obsessed - Siempre toned it down a bit but The Promise has all but killed it.
Whoever did the mixing likes the sound of a loud, no - very loud baritone. Carlos all but drowns out the other 3 on nearly every track at the crescendos. David, Seb & Urs all have wonderful voices but you can't hear them!! I am seeing them in February, but I have to say I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was. A very formatted album - sorry guys, but not my cup of tea.
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2009
This is the first time I have bought an Il Divo CD and I was a little disappointed, the tracks were a bit samey. Maybe it will grow on me though.
However, I do love their versions of Hellelujah, Amazing Grace and Adagio.
on 26 November 2008
Sorry guys but I think some people are looking or at least listening to this CD with rose tinted glasses as they say - it really is a disappointment and certainly not a CD which is going to do anything for you, its neither enjoyable or even needs listening to more than once.

I have been to 4 IL Divo concerts which were great and bought all their previous DVDs and CD's but if this an example of what is to come in the future I shall not waste my money on any more - tickets either. Saying this it also influenced my decision whether to buy tickets again to next years concerts which I now decided not to do............I'll save my money incase they make a decent album in perhaps another 2 years time....come on guys have a read of what the buying public are writing not just those 'so in love with you' that they will buy anything.
on 11 January 2009
It does not matter if all the lyrics, apart from Amazing Grace, are in Italian. It allows the listener to concentrate instead on the beauty of the voices and the musical arrangements. There is plenty here for all tastes in music, from Albinoni's 'Adagio', which is sung with great sensitivity to the original composition, to Charles Aznavour's 'She'; from full blown orchestral backing to the simplicity of a single guitar. The highlight of the album for me was the tender, lyrical and restrained treatment of Leonard Cohen's beautiful 'Alleluja'. I have only one very small criticism: each track begins with the voice of one and ends with the full force of all four. It becomes a little predictable by the end but does not detract from the over all enjoyment. Highly recommended.
on 17 February 2017
Another marvellous example of perfection, I cannot believe how good this c.d. is. Urs in La Promessa is heavenly,and the song Angelina is a real measure of how good this group is. Everyone should be made listen to Adagio as it is the most powerful performance I have ever heard and David is astounding, Carlos sings his heart out it is a stunning performance. Sebastien gives such a class performance in every song and it is hard to to understand he is a pop singer as he sings the operatic songs beautifully. I am now building up my Il Divo collection and cannot wait for them to release something else. Thank you for making my life just that little bit better.