Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 January 2013
The fantastically haunting musical score of the first twilight film. Beautifully evocative to listen to and will conjure your memories of the film scenes.
on 22 December 2008
Its not often that a film score and soundtrack perfectly compliment each other. The last time for me was American Beauty. The soundtrack contains many of the more sassy songs from the moments of action in the film, which will give you the highlights in flashbacks. The best there is undoubtedly the opening track by muse - from the baseball scene in the film.

The score delivers a more subtle satisfaction. Carter Burwell has perfectly captured the running undertones of the film and the sense of longing and tension felt by Edward and Bella. The haunting strings that represent Bella's moments of fear are present as a recurring theme in several tracks, and serve you with a heady delight as memories of the beauty and danger of Edward will return to you. Bella's lullaby stands out as the piano piece played by Edward in the film, but "The Skin of a killer" is another wonderful moment, returning memories of his illuminated beauty.

This sound track is just as good as the words of the books - representing the feelings of the many millions of fans and making them tangible.
on 8 February 2009
An amazing score - really worth paying and importing it if, like me, you live in the UK. The score compliments both the book and the film perfectly. It is something you can listen to over and over - just beautiful music, even if you aren't completely obsessed with the saga (which I am).
on 27 February 2009
twilight the score is amazing! it fits perfectly with the soundtrack and the music is beautiful. you feel like you are there within the film when you listen to it and you can tell which part of the book or film it belongs to! its perfect :D
on 16 May 2009
Twilight: The Score

My daughter has special needs and loves everything about Twilight. She has 2 copies of soundtrack which she loves. The audio books and dvds.

A very lovely person sent her a copy of the Score. Wow, we have never thought about having a score cd before, but thanks to this person I think we will in future, listening to it seemed to have a very calming effect on her. Her expressions when the music changed were great as you felt that she knew where they were in the film. I dont know why the Twilight phenonemon has caught her like it has, but Im not complaining as its wonderful to see her face when watching film, listening to books, soundtrack and score.
on 14 June 2009
I'm a big fan of soundtracks - I'll admit, whether I've watched the film or not - and I can honestly say that this is one of my favourites. I am also a Twilight fan, of the books especially and I did thoroughly enjoy the movie too. I was wary about the soundtrack at first because I could almost hear how I wanted it to sound in my head as I read the books and was especially eager for Bella's lullaby to be perfect.
I wasn't disappointed. Carter Burwell captures it all - from the tenderness of Bella's Lullaby and The Lion Fell in love with the Lamb to the tension and curiosity of Phasination Phase(if music can evoke curiosity, then this track certainly does). The best parts are the ones that are filled with fighting, danger, fear and drama like Humans are Predators Too and The Ballet Studio.
I suppose I have to be honest and say that Bella's Lullaby, whilst a beautiful and subtly composed track with an original yet simple melody, is not exactly all I would have wanted from the lullaby described in Meyer's book. It somehow doesn't have the range or emotional impact I would have liked for the lullaby, despite being a brilliant track and brilliant recurring motif in the soundtrack. Still, it's a minor complaint and overall I can say that there are few soundtracks that underline the themes, emotions and even the visual aspects of a film better.
on 23 February 2009
Quite lovely! It's not often that I buy the score of a film - inevitably there are tracks that seem lost without the images to justify their existence - this stunning piece of work is a definite exception. Close your eyes, lie back and enjoy an emotional journey that has haunting echoes throughout. The recurrent theme blends, adapts and evolves as the story unfolds. Having seen the film (also good!) it's surprising just how much impact the tracks subconsciously had - the music effortlessly evokes the images and the sense of storytelling. Wonderful!
on 15 March 2013
I choose soundtracks because I enjoy a film, and music is a big part of that enjoyment for me. Some films have very evocative scores, and this is one of them! This music will take you into the emotional landscape of the film itself; if you love Twilight, you'll love this soundtrack! I only gave it four stars because the darker moments in the film have quite dark music, stirring up the scenes vividly, and I tend to listen to this track as background music while working at something else, so I sometimes skip those pieces even though they are very well done. Don't let my personal preferences hold you back from getting this soundtrack and enjoying it as much as I have.
on 29 March 2009
I cannot get enough of this soundtrack! As the other reviewers have pointed out, each specific track reminds you of the scenes in the book or the movie and it's like having a constant replay of twilight! I listen to this while reading the books and before going to sleep because it's pretty soothing :-p Highlights for me include obviously Bella's Lullably, Phascination Phase and Skin of a killer but heck, i love em all! Oooh and a little recommendation, if you enjoyed the twilight ost, then check out "Lavinia" by The Veils - this song screams twilight to me, it's a slow haunting song.
on 25 February 2009
Twilight: The Score
This an excellent set of music created with an orchestra and is great for Twilight lovers. Listen to this while you read the books...
Be aware it is not the collection of modern tracks but its perfect for a bit of atmosphere. Features Robert Pattinson playing Bella's lullaby as seen in the movie.