on 11 May 2013
My son works indoors most of the day and he gets depression because of it. So Have bought him this lightbox which comes on when at home when he is working at his desk. It seems to have the effect of bright sunlight and although you can not beat the real thing, in the winter it has the desired effect.
on 31 December 2015
Definitely worth it. After suffering extreme fatigue for weeks after the clocks changed I decided enough is enough! I try to eat as healthy as possible and also take calcium, vit D3 and B12, folic acid and omega 3 and evening primrose oil supplements. Feel human again. This in combination with my Lumie light has saved my career and my life!
on 2 February 2012
What can I say? This simple lamp really does have an amazing effect- my mood is lifted, I feel more energetic, more talkative, more competant at work, my sex-drive is enhanced and my outlook for the future much brighter (no pun intended!) I only use it for about an hour and a half a day, and I don't even sit directly in front of it! Works wonders! One word of warning though, (although we're all different) don't over-do it, it's like drinking a bucket of filtered coffee- you'll go off like a rocket and won't be able to get to sleep!
on 7 February 2013
I use this for about 20 minutes each morning and it makes me feel more ready for the day ahead. I have it on my desk next to my PC and on these dull mornings it makes you feel you are sitting in the sun. I feel less tired and happier.
on 24 February 2015
Love this. Before this I bought another budget box and it broke after two weeks, then decided that I'm going to spend more for quality. This one is much better and feels sturdy and looks good too. Recommended!
on 26 October 2015
Really bright. Switch at the top. Too early to assess the positive effects of the light though.
on 8 December 2012
I was open-minded about trying this product. Having never tried any SAD lamps or products before I could only go on other reviews on this site. I am broadly positive about it because I am always most affected in November and early December. This year would normally have been very bad for me as we have had so few sunny days where I live as well. I am feeling better than I normally do at this time of year and I put that down to the light rather than anything else in my life being significantly better than previous years. I would recommend.
on 2 December 2012
It works and I do not want to disappear under the duvet when it gets dark again. It even works on my old cats!
on 18 October 2016
NO more winter blues
on 11 February 2013
I believe this lightbox will help me a lot as I'm the type that misses sunshine more than most. A compact unit, it's stable andeasy to fit on to a desk top, alongside the rest of my stuff.