on 24 February 2014
I'm a National level swim coach, which means my stopwatches get used 20hrs+ per week. That's a lot of abuse, and most watches these days don't seem capable of standing up to that. The Fast-time range (or their manufacturer) are notorious for buttons falling off or becoming over-sensitive and registering multiple splits in one press!

So I was looking around for a watch from a different manufacturer (the casing style gives it away - most brands share the same manufacturer as the one mentioned above) and stumbled across this one on Amazon.

Extremely well made, feels robust, and after the first 4 months of (ab)use shows no sign of wear (so I bought a 2nd one). I have around 15 watches in my bag (and another 10 that have fallen apart in recent years), these 2 Casios and a decade old Quantum are the only ones still functioning properly.

Some novel features too ...

Being able to set a sequence of countdown timers is useful and totally unique among the watches I've seen. It allows you to set up to 10 timers to countdown one after the other. Useful for sets with descending rest intervals. Unfortunately, just like on every other watch, no manufacturer has yet realised how useful it would be to show the running time alongside the countdown time - preferring instead to show time of day (neither use nor ornament). Shouting out athlete's swim times every 5sec is pretty tough when you have to calculate them from the countdown display. Kudos to Casio for being able to increase and decrease timer settings though (press left to decrease, right to increase), that saves time when you carelessly fly past the setting you want and have to scroll all the way round again.

Also little things like scrolling through splits backwards and forwards just by pressing the other button. It also lets you choose to show stopwatch times as splits (overall time) or laps (time since last split), although some other watches do it slightly better by showing you both on the screen together - that would have made this watch almost perfect Casio!

Absolutely no idea why it gives times to the 1/1000sec though - gimmicky! It's a handheld stopwatch Casio, no one's finger is that accurate! Unfortunately, that just gets confusing in the heat of action.

Overall it appears to be an excellent, well made, watch. Here's hoping it stands the test of time (unlike most other stopwatches on the market today) - so far so good.

**Update after 3 years**
I eventually bought 4 of these and all are still working perfectly despite throwing them around a lot (no battery change yet either). However, the strap is a bit of a problem. It's a unique rubber ring attachment which deteriorates after a while and will snap. Easily replaced of course, but an odd design choice by Casio.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2013
I have now purchased 8 of these - not all for me - because they are so reliable. I use them when coaching swimming and they are used every day. The ones I bought 3 years ago are still going strong and I have purchased them for younger coaches in my club. They are so robust and I have never had any problems with them.
I bought more expensive watches in the past for twice this price and more - all failed miserably(buttons fell off and display went out).
If you are thinking about this watch do not hesitate- you will not be disappointed.
on 16 April 2017
not easy to see markings as they are raised but black in colour
on 27 May 2017
Total waste of money. After 3 months use the buttons stick and the stopwatch is useless. Surprising really as a major watch brand performs worse than anther cheap stopwatch brands
on 8 May 2017
The stop watch works in many sports including Freediving at pool. Water proof has been tested in pool conditions. Easy to use. I might think it works best for football, ice hockey and underwater rugby for instance.
on 29 May 2017
I really like thus watch. The small buttons are easy to operate and make my timing if athletics events accurate.
on 24 June 2017
Great does what it's supposed to. My times were spot on.
on 30 April 2017
Its great, you need to play with it to learn it
on 27 December 2014
super
on 30 May 2013
This stopwatch is ideal for me when coaching track and field athletics. It gives lap and split times, as well as multiple finish times, so I can time several athletes at the same time. Clear and concise screen, with a suitably quiet beep.
Only reason for not giving 5 stars is that it has a Football match timer, which is totally useless to me and just gets in the way!