on 25 May 2015
The missus wanted this because it matched the kitchen decor. If she is happy then it makes my life easier. As far as I am concerned it fits a standard block of butter so it is fine for me.
on 6 March 2017
Beautiful cerise le creuset butter dish to fit in with the rest of the range. Lovely quality.
on 19 March 2013
This Butter Dish was alittle expensive but its part of the range so I had to get it, It does the job and looks great with the rest of the Le Creuset products I have
on 23 September 2011
MATERIAL : STONEWARE
COLOUR : CASSIS

Stylish & functional, this generous sized two-piece BUTTER DISH, relatively angular in shape, with rounded corners.

Approximate size (based on my own one and it isn't the easiest item to measure!):

* To estimate fridge space, the complete outfit measures 16.75 cm x 12.25 cm x 7.5 cm high (allowing for handle)

BASE PLATE:

* External unglazed base :13.75 cm x 9.5 cm
* Physical size: 16.75 cm x 12.25 cm
* Butter area (i.e. excluding 1 cm lip edge) 14 cm x 9.5 cm

TOP:

* 15.5 cm x 11.25 cm
* Depth 4.25 cm
* Comfortable handle (2 average sized finger width)

There is a protrusion in the inside of the butter dish top (to compensate the handle) and although I haven't found squashing the makes of butter I use to be a problem, I do find that the slab has a tendency to slide around on the generous sized base plate, when just out of the fridge but it soon settles down!

Easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Multi-lingual STONEWARE use & care leaflet attached.
LE CREUSET embossed - top & external base.
Made in China.
5 year limited guarantee.
on 14 October 2010
I love Le Crueset and this is up to standard. The only reason I took a star off is because the lid could be slightly higher, as when you put in a new pack of better the top edges will sometimes touch the sides of the butterdish lid.
on 12 December 2014
Under-whelmed and regret this purchase. Yes the colour is lovely and the design is pleasing on the eye. However in functionality this is a poor product, and very over-priced. It's too snug a fit for standard butter blocks, so the lid inevitably hits the butter and creates a fine mess inside as well as wasting butter. Also there is no 'grip' for the butter to rest on, so sometimes it slides around when you try to scrape some, creating yet more mess and waste. The lid doesn't sit well at all, it's very insecure and moves around very easy - transporting the thing to the table needs both hands to make sure the lid doesn't fall off. It's also very noisy - I realise that sounds pedantic but after a few early mornings with the constant clattering in use and when the lid moves around the prettiness soon loses its novelty. After a few weeks we were so sick of it that it went to the back of the cupboard with the unused gadgets, and the cheap and cheerful but entirely functional dish we had before is back on the table.
on 21 February 2015
As always from Le Creuset, this is a great quality product. I love everything about it. It's a good size, a great colour and looks very stylish on my worktop, although quite heavy. I had expected it to be a matt finish rather than high gloss, but am not disappointed. Definitely recommended and well worth the wait.
on 10 March 2015
This is quite expensive for a butter dish, but it is also quite nice. There's always the Creuset mark up, but this was a bit excessive considering that. Fits a block of butter perfectly, though, and I've used it often since buying it.
on 14 December 2014
This is a lovely stoneware butter dish, in a pretty teal colour with cream on the inside. As with all Le Creuset products, it is sturdy and good-quality. It would make a great addition to any kitchen!
on 11 September 2015
I am in love with Le Creuset. The design, and durability is fabulous. I started with the butter dish, then the salt pig, now I want the cafeteria. Classy kitchen accessories!