on 18 May 2004
[One CD, with a running time of 65:02 minutes.] The golden tones of Anne Murray have been a companion of mine for many years, and with this CD that will continue. This CD has 20 songs totaling up to over an hours worth of Anne's great songs! Many old friends are here, such as Snowbird and Danny's Song, and there are some that I am not at all familiar with, such as Over You. Over You is a great addition, in that it was released as a single, and is not on any other album (as far as I know), including the three CD Now & Forever boxed set!
This is a great CD for any Anne Murray, or anyone who simply like listening to wonderful singing (dare I say, "crooning"?) Highly recommended!
on 9 June 2017
This really is the best...so far! A classic album from an artist with the most beautiful voice, this is lovely to listen to and delivers food for thought.
on 24 June 2017
Anne Murray at her best.
on 9 September 2017
Loved it.
on 19 March 2017
one of the best singers ever enjoying very much her great voice
on 24 June 2017
Absolutely brilliant
on 2 August 2017
Perfect and arrived on time.
on 27 February 2000
Absolute magic to the ears and senses. Searched high and low to try and find any Anne Murray CD as all my vinyl has been 'mislaid' over the years. Thought I'd remembered how soothing her voice is - but wrong! Ten times better than I remembered - only track I'm not mad on is 'Could I Have This Dance' - which is a bit too country for my taste. . . and the cover version of Daydream Believer (while good) could have been substituted by 'Bidin' My Time' which I am still desperate to get hold of. Other than that - the wait was well worth it - and I am about to order the 'Special Collection' - perhaps Bidin' My Time will be on that one! This album a must for all Anne Murray fans = past, present and future 'cos no-one can resist those honey tones.
If you're a fan of Anne Murray's singing but not an aficionado you'll probably be disappointed with this collection, it includes some of her best known numbers but many of the tracks are mediocre and the sort of tracks you'd listen to if you were feeling down and wanted to have a good weep not exactly "uplifting" also most of the tracks don't do her contralto voice any favours. Karen Carpenter , on the other hand , could do no wrong in my opinion with her similar voice having the edge that took all she did to a completely different level from Anne Murray. It's not a bad collection but it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be.
on 9 August 2014