on 6 May 2017
I had only listened to a couple of performances by Martha Argerich previously and I wasn't at all familiar with her early work but I'm so glad I bought this Vinyl LP as it's absolutely amazing.

Her youthful interpretation of Chopin is not to be missed and even though it was recorded in 1965 the sound is still really good.

I honestly can't recommend this Vinyl enough - Its a must have for anyone's collection.

The vinyl is heavy weighted too which is a big bonus and the audio is perfect.

Buy it - You won't be disappointed!
on 5 August 2011
Although not a connoisseur but, neverthless, appreciative of fine classical music, I believe this performance by Martha Argerich to be, without doubt, the most exceptional I have heard and is comparable with any top virtuoso. It is no wonder that this highly talented lady has achieved so much.
Considering that this recording was originally made over 45 years ago, I personally cannot fault the sound quality and, to me, it is just as if I were listening to a live broadcast by this magnificent pianist. Close your eyes, and it is easy to visualise a beautiful young lady in her mid-twenties, with raven-coloured hair, seated at the piano in a dress with white spots (as depicted on the sleeve) flawlessly producing this wonderful sound.
The musical attributes of this lady are beyond description and I imagine that all of her performances were, and still are, of such excellent quality.
on 24 September 2017
Bought for one piece, the heroic polonaise which I heard on radio 3. I already have several recordings of this and this was by far the most exciting. In her younger days Martha Argerich stood out above the rest. The other versions I have are good but this is stand-out
on 29 December 2017
It’s legendary...
on 9 April 2016
How have I let so many years go by before buying this wonderful recording? Have seen her so often - especially early in her career. This is such a joy. Effervescent. Technically superb. Just amazing.
on 30 January 2017
Bety good
on 26 April 2017
OK
on 2 December 2013
Sound quality may be a little flat but this is a stunning recording of the one of the greatest pianists of our time at the start of her career. It is unmissable.
on 9 February 2018
Still the best!
on 17 February 2017
I enjoyed this new vinyl LP, which sounds superb.