Customer reviews

on 14 October 2009
This Nokia Bluetooth works great with my Nokia E71. Easy to pair with my phone, and i used the bluetooth, even if the phone was in the next room. I even opened the phone's music player and I could listen to my songs through this bluetooth ( i don't think the quality is stereo though). It appears that it is a really good quality product. I only wish for Nokia to make another model with a small screen on it, so that you can see who's calling and the level of the battery.

I tried to pair it with my sister's Samsung SH600 but it didn't work, so people with Samsung be aware of it.
on 4 November 2010
I don't like cellphones or other bluetooth devices right next to my ear. The solution: a clip-on headset. I have tried many, and the Nokia BH-215 is in some ways the best of them all: it has a separate microphone on the wire so the main unit need not be close to one's head. It has the strongest clip for your clothes; I've lost others with weaker clips. Vibration is useful. Ergonomics are excellent. The big size makes it easy to find and answer without looking while driving. The design is elegant and minimalistic. Voice quality in very good and it pairs with my SonyEricsson easily, although sometimes a little reluctantly.

In some other ways though, the BH-215 is the worst of them all! Alas, 5 months after I got it, the earpiece cracked open, literally along the seam (between two molded parts) and the rubber cover fell off. No I did not step on it or hit it with a hammer; it just broke.
Guess what! not covered by warranty, so I have to get a new one! Well, the second one had other issues. After 6 months the case cracked at the base of the clip; a molding defect, it turns out. Clip-on indeed! Once again, Nokia said: no warranty on the plastic parts (I can see why)!, only on bluetooth function. So sorry.

My third one just lost its rubber earpiece without cracking. It comes off very easily, too easily actually! Without that little piece of rubber, the earpiece does not stay in the ear and one has to hold it in; hands-free indeed!
Allright, no warranty but can you replace the part please, Nokia? No sir, we do not have spare parts, so sorry sir! You will have to get a new one!!

After spending more on headsets than on my phone, I think it is time to switch brands...