on 16 May 2014
The book ends when they came were very cute, but after leaving them holding up some childrens books in a bedroom 3 days ago there was a loud noise from upstairs. One of the book ends had slid off the cabinet they were on and had broken. All I had done that day was add one more book to the group already there , making a total of six books.Anyone with children would appreciate that childrens books are very thin and hence not very heavy. My point being that if they cannot hold up and support six childrens books then they are no good as book ends. With hindsite I should have seen that when they arrived as they are very light with no real weight to hold up a collection of books . Very disappointed and would not recommend.
on 3 October 2011
My husband had a severe stroke and is more or less confined to the living room where he has several books which littered the floor! I decided to get some bookends and whilst searching online, came across the Chas and Morph bookends at Amazon which we find to be an extremely efficient, reasonably priced and reliable company. I decided these bookends would be a bit of fun and ordered them immediately. They arrived within a few days and as soon as we saw them, we began to giggle! They are strong, completely functional and every time I look at them they make me laugh. I would highly recommend these bookends as not only do they do the job extremely well but they are also highly amusing.
One person found this helpful
on 24 May 2014
Items arrived well wrapped and well within estimated delivery dates quoted.
Morph and Chas, I just love em ! I grew up with Tony Hart. He had a special way of keeping children interested in what he was saying and doing. Morph was a wonderful creation.
Every time I look at these book ends, I smile.
If you want to smile, to make someone else smile - then you can't go wrong in buying these.
on 24 June 2013
I brought these as a fun present for my husband for Christmas to put in our lounge.
The figures are perfect and very cute and don't look out of place in around our "coffee table" books. The only downside is the metal that went underneath the books is quite thick and therefore requires quite a large heavy book to sit comfortably on it despite how the pictures look.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2015
These are some very cool and quirky book ends. They were bought as a present for my dad who absolutely loves them, there so thing different and brighten and liven up the bookshelf, they always recive a laugh and are great value for money,
Well worth it and absolutely awesome!
on 9 May 2014
wasn't sure about how these would look as I wanted something unique for my partner. These turned out to be well worth the price. They have a nice weight to them and don't feel like they will slide out when taking books out. The lip that goes under the books is a metal bar so it raises them more than I would have liked, not to much of an issue though.
on 15 May 2013
As soon as I saw these, they made me smile and took me back to my childhood watching Take Hart. Going by the saying 'If something makes you smile, laugh or giggle marry it or buy it', I bought them. I have them propping up DVDs on a floating shelf and they do the job and have made everyone laugh when they see them (in a good way!). A good buy.
on 30 November 2016
The bit that goes under the books is raised and looked awful.
on 8 January 2014
I bought these as a gift and they went down really really well. They look great on the shelf and bigger than expected, such a lovely unique gift for anyone bought up on Tony Harts Morph. Well packed, a great price and delivery was prompt - recommended.
on 26 March 2014
I use these to restrain a couple of dozen cookery books from falling off the kitchen worktop. The ends aren't very heavy so they need to be carefully positioned but they look great and the kids love them.