on 18 July 2017
does what it says
on 11 August 2010
I have 4 of these printers, the Toners are a joy to use, easy to insert and easy to recycle in the post where you get one free after 10 returns and a life time replacement of the drum. The previous reviewer mentioned DELL 1320C but this is only 16ppm b&w and 12 Colour the Lexmark is 20ppm colour and b&w. Also the orginal toners are about the same £69 price. After years of trying to save a few pennies on so called compatible toners I have given up as the quality is rarely the same as geniune toners. Thus I peronsally have found these printers to be very reliable, very fast and chaning toners a joy compared to many other colour printers.
on 27 September 2011
The product is very good but there was no mention that VAT will be included at later stage.I bought it thinking I was getting a better deal compared to my normal dealer,but ended up paying more instead!
I like this toner cartridge (may seem a very strange thing to like) because it is really small so spares don't take up too much shelf space. I mean, you could hardly risk NOT having a spare.

Manufacturer's own, does the job perfectly, costs an arm and a leg but then the actual cost per page is pretty good, and when I need to buy a whole set, i'll compare it carefully with the price of buying a whole new printer Lexmark C543dn Duplex Network Colour Laser Printer(I'm about half way down each of the colours but have completely used up the black - shape of things to come).
55 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2013
First consignment didn't arrive, seller quickly sent a replacement order and, since the delivery driver managed to arrive in the one 30min slot in the day when no-one was in, it had to be re-delivered.
On opening the box I find the cartridges are not the pictured Lexmark originals, but re-manufactured ones, so I doubt I will be able to send these back to Lexmark for reward points.
I have yet to test but I wish that sellers would say when their products are not original.
The picture doesn't do this item justice.
It takes up very little storage space - the packaging hardly adds to the total size and you can fit four cartridges (all high yield) in the space I used to be able to fit a single colour cartridge from many other manufacturers.
Fitting is easy. My printer Lexmark C543dn Duplex Network Colour Laser Printer is in a pretty tight space so it is really useful that i don't have to open the side or anything requiring a lot of space (need about 10cm at the right hand side of the printer). The cartridges seem to go in OK.
They do seem expensive, but they last and last. And I haven't found anything cheaper - yet!
on 29 April 2013
I use Linux mostly, so I bought an Epson Inkjet because they work (I always avoid HP; I work in computers and I will never go back!).

After months of heartache and about 4 cartridges to print < 200 pages of paper I decided to just throw the printer away and buy a Lexmark 540n, because we use them at work with no hassle.

I have never looked back.

We use these printers at work, they are a dream to set up on the network (they DHCP, and once on the network can be configured by either the screen on the printer, or via a web browser) and they produce great output.

They are not the cheapest to run (although not necessarily expensive), and that is the only complaint I can have.

These cartridges are the easiest to install, you just push them into the relevant colour coded slot in the side of the printer, and _if_ you sign up to the Lexmark Rewards program, and return the cartridges to them you get 1 free toner for every 12 used, plus other free consumables for the life of the printer.
on 11 February 2012
How excited can you get about Toner? It came, it worked!
Delivery was quick. The one I received was clearly the original manufacturer made version.
Just don't eat the stuff!
on 5 August 2012
actually does appear to be performing at the high yield level it is marketed at.

Just make sure you fully insert it into the printer, meaning a firm push! Otherwise you will get a random error message that resulted in me having a conversation with lexmark support, and a degree of cringe when I realised they were correct!
on 6 December 2011
Replacement cartridge for our C540n Lexmark Colour Laser Prinbter arrived promptly and in first class condition. Replacement cartridges tend to be overpriced for what they are but the Lexmark produces top quality prints which softens the cost impact.