Customer reviews

Asmodee Ghost Stories Board Game

on 30 December 2017
Played this game as solo and the game ended in about 20 minutes as I was over run. Came across as a very difficult game, but thinking back, I probably didn't think carefully enough about each move.
Played a game today with my 2 brothers; it lasted about 3 hours. We debated in length at the best way to deal with most moves. Having to think 2/3 moves ahead. There are more complicated games than this; it didn't take long to explain the rules to them, but we all had a brilliant time playing it, fantastic co-op game. I will definitely be trying to get a few mates round to have another go.

The game is made up of smaller pieces of board that come together and create a good looking board game, some great art. It plays very well, however I would say sometimes it can be hard to find a specific rule you want to know from the manual. At the start you can feel like you're coping well but as you get into it it is a constant battle to keep your head above water. A lot of the time there are ways out of a seemingly impossible situations; you just have to work together and plan ahead!
on 16 March 2018
This is a very good board game which neatly side-swerves all of the pitfalls associated with the genre. It's a cooperative game, so none of that tedious competition nonsense our society is so polluted with. It's has clear instructions which allow you to play pretty much out of the box. It has enough variation built in to prevent it degenerating to a simple algorithm. It has a really great story line. It's very difficult to win.
on 17 September 2011
I had been wanting to get this game for some time as there are not too many great solo board games around but this one always kept popping up on reviews. And that is exactly what it has in its favour, it is a good solo game. The game itself, has good components and the rules are not too easy but straightforward enough to make you want to play the game again. There is a Chinese ghost theme here, which gives a smattering of eastern religion thrown in for those who like to read around their subject. I recommend this for solo gamers.
on 6 May 2013
This is a very challenging co-op game whose theme fits perfectly with the constantly rising feeling of doom. The ghosts and demons keep coming as you dash around, working together as a team using the unique powers of the besieged villagers and your own special Shaolin monk powers to fight back the hordes.
You'll lose a lot but it won't matter because you'll immediately reset the board and try again.
Good with 1-4 players, the art and pieces are high quality and it challenges in a way that makes you want to get it right rather than just being frustrating.
Highly recommended.
Protect ya neck.
on 3 May 2014
I do enjoy a good cooperative game and this one I do enjoy, it has a very interesting pace, where the game flits back and forth between "we are doing ok" and "oh god we are going to die". I am considering picking up the expansions to improve the re-playability a little but the base game itself works well enough, it is very hard to get hold of the Black Secret expansion to this game however as pretty much everywhere is out of print in this regard.
on 3 January 2015
I bought this following glowing reviews by Rab Florence and the Shut Up & Sit Down gents, and I was far from disappointed. My first co-op, it's inspired me to buy more. Everyone I've introduced it to has been a bit unsure of the co-op concept at first, then easily won over and asking for a second crack at Wu Feng and his ghostly army!
on 11 February 2018
Brilliant game. It's tough but fun with the win close. Great at all player counts including solo.
on 11 January 2016
Complicated on forest play but worth persisting. Ther is a u tube film that is big help.
on 14 October 2014
some pieces were missing but the game is great to play, we contacted the makers and they eventually sent us the missing pieces
on 4 June 2015