Customer reviews

Words Just Get In The Way
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 27 January 2007
Richard Ashcroft is of a dying breed these days. Music is taking a very bad turn for the worse and only a few still live on. As is the case with this single but then again no as it's as beautiful as any song could be...

The melody brings you in whilst Ashcroft's voice and the strings sooth you as he recites such words of truth. I strongly reccomend this single and much of his work as it demontrates that there's still talent out there.

Well done Rich and keep up the good work...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2006
It's just as well that Mad Richard is as mad as a very mad person just before they completely off the loop. Because it can only be his madness that allows him to carry on thinking that he is the greatest singer / songwriter in the world. Cos he's not.

"if you want it, oh yeah I've got it, words they just get in the way, if you want it, oh yeah I've got it"

I mean it's hardly Roy Harper now is it? Added on to a string drenched plaintive refrain that dirges on and on, it's only his utter madness that prevents this being one of the worst songs ever. And he can hardly keep playing the 'see me, I'm mad' card forever.