Customer reviews

on 12 September 2015
great,
on 13 April 2011
I don't really like 2 albums on 1 CD edition on any artist. Personally, I find it difficult to listen to the two CDs at the same time because the flow of one record to another is not always perfect. Sometimes, you also hear the difference in the singer's voice in the first record compared to the second. It's rather annoying.

But I must admit that this CD by Jim Reeves featuring Moonlight and Roses and The Jim Reeves Way is perfect. I can listen to it over and over again. I've always loved Moonlight and Roses record which covers the theme of roses and moonlight in the songs. It's one of the most romantic albums, I've ever heard by a country singer. He doesn't sound like a country singer in both of these albums...he sounds more like a romantic crooner or a balladeer! The second record "The Jim Reeves Way" is my parents' favourite because the ambient of this record is incredibly nostalgic and relaxing. It sits well alongside "Moonlight and Roses" album. You may not even notice the change in style unless you listen closely.

At the end of a hard day at work, if you put this record in, it will immediately calm you and nourish your soul with this incredibly warm and wonderful Jim Reeves voice like an oasis. He has a very good way of phrasing, diction and effortless style - he can sing any type of songs. You can hear every single word he sings.
on 19 April 2015
I have practically all the records of Jim Reeves, ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND COMFORTING VOICES EVER!!i I WISH THERE MORE JIM REEVES SONGS ON THIS RECORD. I am a Muslim, but because of Jim's SUPERFLUOUS SOOTHING VOICE, I LISTEN EVEN TO THE GOSPEL SONGS HE HAS SUNG!!! iF I EVER CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY, IT WOULD BE BECAUSE OF JIM'S MELODIOUS VOICE!!! I THINK IF ALLAH EVER WANTED TO TALK TO MANKIND DIRECTLY, HE WOULD CHOOSE GENTLEMAN JIM'S VOICE!!!!! I, AND MY WIFE, LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!! THANKS.
Comment Comment | Permalink
on 8 October 2013
I bought this for the memory of my mum who had just died, arrived in quick time. Jim reeves was one of the best as my mum was.
on 22 August 2010
Any fan of Jim Reeves needs this cd in their collection as it showcases Jim at his best. moonlight and roses has always been one of my favourite albums because of the warm,relaxing mood it creates, whilst the Jim reeves way lets us hear Jims final recordings. bmg need to issue more in this series as Jims original albums are better than the cobbled together compilations that are being issued at the moment.
on 19 October 2017
This replaces my vinyls
on 28 January 2010
Moonlight and Roses is a wonderful cd with excellent songs..Great Sound
The Jim Reeves Way is also good ..I think the Best album of Jim Reeves was a vinyl record that was released in 1963 called ''Gentleman Jim'' this was an RCA LP with tracks like ....memories are made of this...roses are red my love...after loving you...stand in....waltzing on top of the world...when you are gone..also ..id fight the world...I never pass there anymore....I have not come across this on cd as yet.
on 28 December 2014
I have loved the recordings of Jim reeves, since first hearing him, as a boy of eleven years of age in 1964, alas Jim was tragically killed that very same year, but I still buy and continue to listen to him some fifty years on, and never ever tire of such a beautiful voice,this double album is superb, he has moved away from the early sound of country music, to produce a sound that made him a world wide favorite. The Moonlight and roses album has every thing, and the theme carrys on throughout the album, The Jim Reeves Way, is again a wonderful album, and expresses all the human emotions that there are, Jim sang with such meaning and emotion, these albums remain as fresh as when they were first released, there are but a few singers of whom this can be said of, and sadly it has to be said, we shall not see the likes of them ever again, when buying this and other Jim Reeves albums, you are not only buying country music at it's very best, but the greatest ballad singer that changed the face of country music for ever.
on 2 April 2009
i think this cd is well worth the money is a double cd so you get two for the price of one with more hours of listerning time, if you are a jim reeves fan what more could you ask for
on 10 April 2013
A CD I would have not really gone for but was drawn to songs I knew and it was better than I expected.Easy listening and a good buy for anyone who likes Jim Reeves.